• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macuser3of5
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Menswear SS/07

[quote user="Faust"] [/quote]

Holy hell these are brilliant. Not totally feeling the white hem, but that texture is amazing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]That vest just haunts me day by day, I just love it to death! I better get off my ass and see if I can make me one. I hope there might be one left come sale time....[:)]

sbw- Where are you getting all these great pics?

[/quote]

Cas and others, I was in H&M today and they have some actually decent creations now including small collared polos that are reminiscent of Cloak/Dior ones.

They also have a pretty nice waistcoat that is damn perfect for this project. It's 20 euro here so probably $20 in the US. It's a high project possibility for me as well!

Just got a sewing machine and located some fabric so the first project is to rework those Linea jumpsuit bottoms into some pants and then make me a CDiem shirt with the two types of black fabric I picked up today!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• May 2007

I just picked up that linen trenchcoat at barneys 40% off sale. Great piece, no lining and kind kind of deconstructed. I believe they had those pants and also a matching jacket available.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I almost bought this coat in Antwerp. On me it hits just at the knee. It is such an incredible piece, but it would've been too much to wear on daily basis. It has a Victorian cut, a little flowing in the back. I hate to use bombastic words, but that coat really is dramatic. I think if the colors were reversed, I would've bought it. The construction is amazing, it has no lining so the inside seams are exposed and they are black at the edge. The upper half of the inside is also black, so I would imagine if you walk fast with the coat open it would look incredibIe. I was really smitten.

I also tried on the assymetrical jacket that AlohaRag has, and I liked it a lot too.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Lovely coat!

You're right Faust, the reverse would look just plain stunning.

I love that little touch of using a needle threader as a pin on the folded placket right in the middle. Is it on the production piece as well?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Lovely coat!

You're right Faust, the reverse would look just plain stunning.

I love that little touch of using a needle threader as a pin on the folded placket right in the middle. Is it on the production piece as well?

[/quote]

Yes, it is! Well, Albert, for better or worse :-) I found it in all black (with the center piece a different tone of black) in Barneys and I had it put away for me. It fits me like a glove (laika can attest to that). So, now I am thinking whether to take the plunge or not - and no, I am not asking SZers for help, cause I know what y'all will say :-). The only thing I'm contemplating is you mentioning that Ann's stuff does not move at the Boston Barneys - maybe worth the wait? On the black version, the needle threader is on the outside of the lapel - very cute.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Wow, very cool!

The only thing about Ann pieces not moving at the Boston Barneys (pretty much nothing moves there. In the last two seasons that they have been open, I've not seen them sell out of anything locally.) is that more often than not they get shipped out to other stores like the NYC or the LA branch. It's what happened to all their Rick Owens. It disappeared as a full lot to the NYC branch so it's extremely possible for the key Ann pieces to disappear like that.

The "regular" Ann pieces that people aren't totally bowled over by (classic black pants, some of the dress shirts, tees, tanks etc.) stay at the Boston Barneys and remain until last call/final sale. Everything else seems to go somewhere else. When I was still in Boston (back at the beginning of March) I didn't recall seeing the coat you are inquiring about. You should give them a call there (An SA named Derrick is really nice over there) and see if they have the right coat in your size. That being said... it's a gamble!

The needle threader is an interesting touch. Who woulda thought that would be used as a decorative piece! A vintage one would be pretty cool though.

Can't wait to see photos of the coat when you decide to pick it up Faust. Gotta be even more stunning in real life.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I think it's the one below (can't really see anything from that pic)

BUT! I now realized that she did exactly what I asked for - look! Now, I'm lost - I don't remember seeing this one anywhere. This one I'd pick up without a question.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Freakin stunning!!!!

Get it Faust... get. it. now!

Don't know how that piece slipped through the cracks when you and others first posted the runway show. Amazing piece. I love the closure on it. Love it.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Yup, that coat looks gorgeous on Faust! And you didn't try it buttoned at the top like that yesterday, did you? I like it even more that way....

Wasn't the contrast color dark, dark blue, though? It certainly looked that way to me....[*-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Congratulations, gorgeous jacket. I don't know if anyone remembers... I was complaining at the beginning of the season that I couldn't find any of the Ann D. stuff I liked from the show and this jacket was what I was looking for. Oh well, there's always next season.

[quote user="Faust"]

BUT! I now realized that she did exactly what I asked for - look! Now, I'm lost - I don't remember seeing this one anywhere. This one I'd pick up without a question.

[/quote]
                        music

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

So, I am getting the black one tomorrow. Woot!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

OMG, Jude [64]'s Ann!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎