• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Re: Isaac Sellam Experience

hi dhc,

i am a big fan of sellam's work as well. i think in person it's much more dramatic than the pics online. every sellam piece i've seen hasa hand-madecharm to it: the tagappearsto behandwritten, the cut is asymmetric, seemingly as if sellam took shearsto the leather in a capricious frenzy, and the embroidery (not on mine, but on the newer, heavier jackets) is just immaculate.my hoodie has a very asymmetric cut, not in its closure, but the ends of the sleeves and the back bottom of the jacket are very raw in their cut...the newer hoodie and jacket i saw do not have as crazy a cut on the sleeves, they seem more traditional.

i did not know that the leather is waterproof. from what i've heard and seen, sellam only works with leather tops and jackets. although, i wouldn't expose my jacket to water...i haven't really even worn it. i've worn it literally twice, and for an hour at that. i am considering selling it, since i don't get much of a chance to wear it...

leather tag; "choco" color :

contrast stitching, close-up of leather's texture:

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

As far as the leather being waterproof...what I've felt certainly didn't feel treated. I believe that the leather jackets are bonded. I don't think anyone would appreciate me tearing the lining off their jacket to satisfy my curiosity so I can't confirm that either. The hoodie certainly doesn't look bonded or dressed so yeah, I wouldn't even look at water while wearing it. The hoodie is tagged a large so I might be swimming in it. What are the measurements on that puppy?
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• KeijiHaino
        • Dec 2006

must......have........more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]must......have........more pics!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

my jacket's currently in the classifieds!
          --------------------------------------------------------
          here are some more isaac sellam pics:

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

that crocodile jacket?

over the top for sure. from 2007/2008 a/w season. bid right now is 980,000 yen...BIN price is 2,980,000....about $28k. i've seen some niceIsaac Sellam stuff, but this is quite a bit too much,seems even a bit gimmicky. i wonder how many they actuallyproduce. if you ever want an alternative toa Lanvin mink coat...http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r44005361

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

crazy embroidered wool lining

hanging

awesome

pics courtesy of A Piedi Nudi Nel Parco

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I wore the linen Isaac Sellam blazeresque jacket kev and I were discussing in the yes or no thread for the first time today.

The large brass peg buttons give it a really industrial look which is nice, but I was startled by the hidden functionality . I'm used to buying clothing that is less functional than it appears, not more.

The jacket is lined with lambskin on the front and upper half of the back (not sleeves or lower back). With the top (storm) button open it is cut/shaped like a blazer, though the wrinkled linen doesn't look very blazerish. It was nice this morning, in the 65ish degree sunshine. Barbecuing for Father's Day, the fog came in and temps dropped to the high fourties/low fifties. I buttoned the storm collar and figured out that the leather lining works as essentially a leather vest when you bundle the jacket up. It's not the most flattering way to wear the jacket, but I'm a huge fan.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• noerml
                  • May 2008

Isaac Sellam Experience

I was just wasting (? :P) my sunday morning on japanese onlineshops/fashionsites and there I stumbled on "Isaac Sellam experience".
                  (http://www.why-lip.com/isaacsellam/) Never heard of that guy before, so i tried to findsome more info on that designer/project or whatever it is,but to no avail. why-lips has a short paragraph called
                  "designers information" but there is close to no information in it. just useless quality rambling, sorta.

can any of you guys give me some input? thank you! :D
                  And through their parting lids there came and went
                  Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

hey, there's a thread here on it: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/thread/26263.aspx . some info and pics there!

Comment

• noerml
                      • May 2008

weird i swear i used the search enginge and only fuond stuff on classified.. ah well thank you!

Comment

• noerml
                        • May 2008

hm... having seen the pictures in this thread i am not quite sure if i still like the overall look of this label.. what mainly had me fascinated was the quality of those pieces.. having seen the knits and the leather made me really wonder who the fuck produces this stuff, and why is it actually sorta cheap? and why don't other designers use those people as well.

is there like some offical website? showrrom? runway? anything? ;D

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

i'm not sure if the pieces (especially from boutique.ru) that are shown in the thread are good representatives of what i've seen in stores. the quality is quite nice. i'm not too keen on the boutique.ru pieces, but a smart buy makes the label look really nice. a lot like the why-lip one. lots of unique leathers. given the quality, it is inexpensive by comparison. i'm not aware of any official website, i forgot the showroom.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

The quality is very good, the look is, from what I've seen, a bit more industrial shabby than anything else. He uses a lot of slightly rumpled/worn effects, but very slight, and goes towards clunky dark metal clasps/fastenings. I don't think it's a great bargain or anything, but the pricing seems quite fair for the quality (1800-1900 for heavy duty, well made leather jackets seems entirely reasonable).

Definitely come to life more in person.

EDIT: I don't think industrial shabby means anything to anyone but me, so I mean, the things look very sturdy, fairly tough, a tiny bit patchwork on occasion, and the fasteners and theme seem very industrial.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• electric_alyce
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

awesome

pics courtesy of A Piedi Nudi Nel Parco[/quote]

prrrrrrr, I never thought pictures of clothes on a hanger would do something like this to me, but... yummie!!

Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎