X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

Re: Hedi Slimane to leave Dior Homme, Kris Van Assche to design for LVMH

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]Can Hedi make it solo? Ford was as much of a star designer with a cult of junkies and look how he crashed and burned...
    [/quote]

Geesh; didn'tTF's store just open yesterday? Isn't it a little early to go calling the guy a failure? ;) (just kidding... although, I guess I'm still a bit confused as to what you mean by Ford "crashing and burning.")

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
      • Jan 2007

Where are the films? Where's the toast-of-New-York fashion label? It's been three years and he has one store... he'll have an empire to rival Gucci in about 3,000 years at this rate.
      the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]Where are the films? Where's the toast-of-New-York fashion label? It's been three years and he has one store... he'll have an empire to rival Gucci in about 3,000 years at this rate.
        [/quote]

I think he just got lazy. I can totally see it - I am sure it took a lot out of him to build up Gucci. He does have a line of eyewear and a perfume deal... which is beyond easy to do, so that's another sign of laziness.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Another Dior Homme femme, also from the sartorialist. These women are a bit intimidating! [:S]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Kodak
            • Oct 2006

Something is making that coat look akward to me. I was hoping to seethe morefeminine pieces on these women, but this is alright.

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
              • Jan 2007

Wide hips and narrow shoulders spoil the military aesthetic of the coat.
              the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• mic
                • Sep 2006

androgynity as its best.

GO HYPE.

Comment

• shahrinbahar
                  • Feb 2007

Hedi was just bigger than Dior itself man, so KVA won't stand a chance of even being like what Hedi did. Still, creative directors don't design, only designers do. I bet all Hedi did for all his shows, were KVA's block patterns. good on ya KVA, but nah, you're not influential enough to create an impact as big as Hedi. And i bet the Luster collection will revive once again. typical.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I look so much better in this jacket [:P]

This definitely isn't the right piece for a woman to borrow, it's very fitted in the chest and flares out a little bit after that, her hips (or maybe just the way the coat is spread apart) make it look like it flares way more than it does and doesn't flatter her figure.

music

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

[quote user="mass"][quote user="Faust"]

As far as his clothes on women, I have no idea - I have yet to see a woman wear DH.

[/quote]

here's a woman in dior homme. from thesartorialist. i think she looks great. and cute. i love her hair.

[/quote]

I'd swear she works at the Balenciaga store in West Chelsea (22nd Street, West Side Highway), and yes she's totally gorgeous.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

yes, she looks great. But I believe she works at Dior.
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

there's a feature on style.com with 4 images of women in dior homme.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Now those looks are great!
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

That does look cool - very YSL.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                                • Nov 2006

Those clothes look like they are from much older Dior collections (can anyone confirm?). Perhaps that's why it looks more like his work at YSL.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎