• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by orphée View Post
    Certainly not the first time I've hears of Yohji's draw on architects.
    Yep! Gaudi looks great in Yohji.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2008

user500 on TFS linked to a short video compilation from this collection, so I thought I'd post it up here too. As one would assume, this looks stunning in movement. Several of my favorite looks are featured (that suit at the 1 minute mark ), and my love for this collection can only really be matched by my love for tom waits, so this video made me happy:

The aristocratic man from another era take us back in Yohji Yamamoto's latest fashion show

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

As far as a presentation goes, I really like the whole collection. It's a situation where there isn't much that I could personally see myself in but a masterful line in terms of material and shapes.

This is really what comes to mind when I think of a classic fashion show: It's a bit over the top but the focus is on creating an atmosphere where the clothing, the hair, the styling and all the elements come together beautifully.
        Yep, I think that's the word that comes to mind overall: Beautiful.

Plus, there line seems to have this subtle sense of humor about itself that it's not so stuffy and pretentious where you're not immediately asking yourself, 'who could possibly wear this and get away with it?'
        The models were the perfect match it seems that helped bring it all together.
        Always been a fan of his work, always had much respect for it. Don't own a lot but the few pieces I own remain in heavy rotation.
        This line also has me thinking about color for a change, and it's always nice to be reminded that it's OK to go over the top once in a while.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
          but he was more a PHarnden guy. I expect some pics from the showroom boss :P

The fabrics look really light on the video. Tom Waits has been used several times for his runaway presentations. It fits nevertheless
          Very sorry, did not take any pictures. I was busy with Yohji's PR rep, who was very nice. Better to eventually get an interview with Yohji than snap pictures, right? But you will undoubtedly love the jackets. They are masterfully constructed.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
            Tom Waits has been used several times for his runaway presentations. It fits nevertheless
            Yeah, so I've heard. Unfortunately I've missed a lot of the runway show videos for pour homme, and as far as I can tell on youtube there's only clips and/or full shows for the last few years. If you (or someone else) can direct me to any place where I can see these, I'd be grateful -- or post them up in the main YY thread!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎