No announcement yet.

Julius Men's SS11 Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too many seams, too much treatment. I'm a bit disappointed. the shapes are good, but it looks tooooo washed, tooooo gnarly.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

showroom review: leathers (part 4)

Last but not least, most (all?) of these cuts come in real summer versions too, i.e. sleeveless. They are also very nice, and may be worn in winter as well, under a long coat or an other jacket, as on the FW10 runaway.

on this pic you can see the inside buttons system to close the collar (also present on the full jacket with sleeves).

Last edited by BSR; 07-05-2010, 06:27 PM.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• nakata
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        too many seams. I'm a bit disappointed.
        me too. But Julius lamb leather is still

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

thanks for doing this for us team Paris, BSR and Mikael (nice job on the hair in between runway and showroom ) looking forward to the rest of the review/pics of non-leather jacket items.
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

showroom review: denim (part 1)

There was a very impressive set of denim-based outfits during the show. Three things stroke me:
            -first, the nice waxed effects that were such that, when the models entered the venue, you could not say at first sight if they were wearing denim or leather
            -second, the beautiful blue/grey range of colors, very airy and immaterial, in a sharp contrast with the destroyed treatments and the heavy styling (zips, super sharp cuts…)
            -third, the way denim appeared here as a true noble fabric, especially on the complex silhouettes combining denim jackets, denim jeans, denim skirts and denim straps.

At the showroom I found the usual collection of great denim pants, including very very very long slim curved pants, that you see tucked in the heavy soled engineered boots, in the black waxed version

These pants come in a non-waxed version as well, here in grey, paired with one of the denim mini-skirts…

We saw a lot of usual Julius denim pants, from the destroyed ones (that are continuations of precedent seasons’ designs)

And of course the cargo pants, here in a nice cropped cut:

Stay tuned, more to come tomorrow... i need some sleep now.
            Last edited by BSR; 07-06-2010, 06:50 AM.
            pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

only noticed the extra-long pants hanging up, didn't see anyone try them on. they look great, I wish I could squeeze my legs into them.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                • May 2010

For reference, what was Mikael's height?

Also, the asymmetric high collar not having an underwire is a pleasant surprise. I may have to pick it up now.

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Feb 2009

I am 1m89
                  -- Mikael

Comment

• Arcane
                    • Jul 2008

^And what size do you usually wear in tops? The reason I'm asking is that I probably have the same body type as you but a bit taller which means the sz 3 leathers should fit me properly if that's sz 2 you're wearing.
                    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Feb 2009

I am usually between 44 and 46. 2/3 for Julius.

Everything on the photos is size 2. I could not put on some of the pants (cropped version of the two long jeans if I recall correctly) and some of the boots had to remain open.
                      -- Mikael

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

The denim jackets look like their leather counterparts (same sort of cuts, cowl neck, rider…), but they come in a shorter length.

The denim fabric used is very soft, as you can guess from this closeup:

pix

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

showroom review: formal pieces

Formal pieces were a bit less present on this collection (or maybe it's just that they were missing on the racks, i saw some blazers just before leaving).

Our attention was caught by this elegant long jacket, available in black and in grey, made of a very light fabric (didn't check the composition)...

...oh! it is a two part jacket actually!

and the low part is removable: there you get a normal length blazer:

the same in grey:

pix

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

showroom review: tops

As one could note, in the show there were very few drapery pieces (contrary to SS10). We could find these two tops for drapery lovers:

this cardigan with strings for different wrapping possibilities:

and also simpler stuff like this double layer tee:

pix

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

showroom review: shoes

The shoes are equipped with very massive soles...

huge engineered boots / moto buckle boots which comes in a variety of materials (reverse leather / distressed leather / normal leather) and colors:

huge multi-zipped combat boots:

and multi-zipped sandals:

pix

Comment

• thaiison
                                • Dec 2009

Thanks for the pics BSR, detailed and nice, some pieces looks great, the denim in interesting and the leather is amazing, I love the high-neck models.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎