Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

does seem unnecessary. preview pictures would suffice similar to what a number of online retailers do but it seems like this just distracts from fw. Plus ss price points usually dip down a bit so it potentially encourages customers to skip a season. sure you can buy it there first and they carry a lot of the euro trash fashionista brands so itll probably work out but most lvr buy you can find easily elsewhere anyways dont really get the rush.

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

It's a pretty audacious attempt at working capital management, dressed up as the store doing the consumer a favour. i would never have thought that pay now buy later would be much of a draw for people, but it is fashion.......

Comment

• Catfood
        • Oct 2008

I think the problem is that you don't get to touch or handle the garment, you only see a picture. It would be a shame if this sort of thing eventually started reducing the number of actual stores, as there is definitely something to be said for trying things on and handling them in person.

The Ann stuff they'd chosen looked quite boring to me. The sneakers are really fucking awful. Only thing that stood out to me was the jacket with the rouched back.

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

does anyone know the name of the soundtrack song?
          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• nqth
            • Sep 2006

I read that back on her earliest day, Ann D asked buyers to pay in advance because she didnt have money to produce the collection.

Yep comparing Ann's start up situation to lvr's is a bad example but when the going gets tough...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nqth View Post
              I read that back on her earliest day, Ann D asked buyers to pay in advance because she didnt have money to produce the collection.

Yep comparing Ann's start up situation to lvr's is a bad example but when the going gets tough...
              That is correct. Barneys paid in full for her first collection in the now-legendary '86, which allowed her to produce it. This is something that happens very rarely - if at all - these days.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by nqth View Post

well there is a catch 22 situation in all of this, on the one hand this is a good thing because it allows the designer to have the necessary funds to produce the items ordered without the stress of spending upfront and waiting for payment afterward..................

however the danger for the retailer is that sometimes this happens and what you get are clothing that arrives late, fit badly or some other problem that creates a loss of investment...........

I do like this idea though of at least a partial payment upfront and the balance upon completion of the order..........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                  does anyone know the name of the soundtrack song?

I just found the video with the actual soundtrack and I'm not positive what is playing during the first (white) half, but the second (black) half, the song is No Monsters No Rock (Part II - Vittorioso Calando) by COH (aka Ivan Pavlov) and is on the Strings album.

My mind is officially blown.

Ann Demeulemeester SS 2011 Men from bvba32 on Vimeo.

THE HOUSE OF DIS
                  embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• jdemotion
                    • May 2009

dis, thank you for posting! Incredible show, the transition between the white and black was amazing. Great ending as well, Marcel and Ann look like twins.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                      • Jan 2010

I just found out from Ivan that the song used in the first half of the show is also a COH song from the Patherns EP.

According to a friend of mine that has an encyclopedic knowledge of this kind of stuff, the music to the women's SS11 show is: Plastikman, Robert Lippok & Marsen Jules.
                      Last edited by thehouseofdis; 01-12-2011, 04:48 PM.
                      THE HOUSE OF DIS

Comment

• david s
                        • Jul 2010

The Gray Jacket

OK thought people might like to know on the thread.

This jacket was only ordered by the Ann D. Antwerp store and there is one left in large... so yeah... basically one left in the entire world ... not in my size (fawk )

their contact info :
                        Leopold de Waelplaats
                        2000 Antwerp BE
                        32 3 216 01 33
                        adshop@skynet.be

PS :
                        Seems that is not possible to do a special order.... double fawk. che sera sera
                        Last edited by david s; 01-13-2011, 08:48 PM. Reason: a ps
                        It's absolutely Hedious!
                        shy poser

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Well I have noticed that the jackets are running a size large this season...

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                            Well I have noticed that the jackets are running a size large this season...
                            ^Awful news^
                            THE HOUSE OF DIS

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

I like a dropped shoulder seam on a coat, jacket, shirt.
                              The space she makes in her coats for layers underneath,
                              a jacket, a waistcoat, etc. I'm always weary to size to much
                              down ...

I'll bet you the model above could have fitted into a size smaller,
                              the only concern would might have been the length of
                              arms, but I don't think it would have worked as well.
                              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

The above jacket fits TTS. This is a blazer, and the blazers tend to fit snugger (technically, it's not outerwear). This one is gorgeous, but a bit too Hugh Hefner for me.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎