X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    ^i prefer to keep only one if the second is to come like that... honestly it's the worst garment i've ever seen, even as an experiment i find it ridiculous.
    I don't find it ridiculous..... as an experiment.
    But I would want no part in such an experiment!

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

there is no connection between the cut and the fabric's treatment, it's not even part of the BBS usual so-called 'universe', seems to be as a terribly cheap 'conceptual' experience, where conceptual equates unnecessary.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

BSR, could you please elaborate on this Boris "universe"?

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

mmm... not that easy, i guess many people here that know his work much better than i do would qualify it as a postapocalyptic (rugged/used/destroyed fabrics) X skating (bagginess of the pants' cuts, plus certain oversized proportions) X gothic aesthetics (black dominance, drapiness), i remember a nice post by ohwehmir about that...
          pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

Cheers, I see where you are coming from.. but I do think the 2nd skin does fit into his collection. He has always had an array of treatments applied to the leather; washed, oiled, distressed, reversed e.t.c so in the scheme of things a neutral leather is not so at odds with his collection (colour aside!). Also with his trouser fabric's, there are new treatments every season. I really consider BBS fabric treatments as key points in his collections. So I see the neutral leather as an extension of his treatment malarky.
            Anyway I wouldn't wear the thing, but as a consumer it was interesting to see if only for the fact of showing the rawness of the product.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

ah but there is a misunderstanding here, what i'm saying is that i don't see how such a piece integrates in a BBS outfit (and in any outfit), i just find it ugly and badly cut... i don't care about the research process as long as the aesthetics fail to my eyes.
              pix

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

Indeed phrased like that, I am with you. Indeed the aesthetics are paramount, and this does not work.
                Like I said I would want no such part in the experiment!!
                For the reasons you give... it's ugly!

I was trying to think how the piece could have worked, if like you say it was cut with the fabric treatment in mind.. But I can't!
                On a side note has anyone else treated leather in this manor?

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

CCP did it a while back... I also know Augusta did it a couple of years ago, and there's a blazer on Hermes next winter collection too.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Ivans On High
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2008

I really quite like the transparent blazer. But every one of my friends I showed it to reacted the same way as BSR.

Aside from the grotesque colour, and aparently feel, I think the blazer is cut quite well. Better (or more traditional in fit) than his other blazers.
                    Last edited by Ivans On High; 11-04-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• hallucination
                      • Jan 2011

my dogs will love them

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Love Boris, but I completely agree with BSR. I appreciate the effort and that he made it. Boris has a particular take on tailored pieces (some see it as a fault) but even if this was the sharpest cut coat out it'd still be a bit repulsive.

I see pieces like this as something the designer does to fulfill something personal beyond just clothing. I know they're all passionate and devoted to their design, collection and craft but I can't image that they see such abstract items as desirable or wearable. Maybe with the exception of Carol. Though he may never feel that. It's as if it's a challenge and I see it as a good way to push one's self.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

It's always hard to comment on a garment having not handled it in person. But I can tell you this piece is exceptional, the production version being far better than the original sample. I own the same piece in cotton and it certainly holds up to the same level of fit. It has a serious weight to it, and once on the body has a feeling that I can only describe as the sensation of being soaking wet. After a minute or so your body heat softs up the leather and it moves about unrestricted, even more so than my cotton one. The construction is totally wild, fully cotton lined sleeves, constructed shoulder, partially double layered in parts, all stitched together which a heavy duty transparent thread. The transparency of the leather works well with a variety of colors, no doubt it is a show piece in it self, but very wearable. I would be all over this jacket if it wasn't for the price, but the execution is nothing short of amazing. Here is a little sneak peak...

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                            CCP did it a while back... I also know Augusta did it a couple of years ago, and there's a blazer on Hermes next winter collection too.
                            Hermes did transparent crocodile for SS11

looks good on her i think

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

just to make things clear i've handled, and several times, the 'shirt' jacket (and the bag that is of the same leather), not the blazer...
                              pix

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Wow. Nice detail shot, Andrew. Really helps show it's organic nature and reduces the plastic-like notations. Even-so.. a tough one to pull off. Truly a work of art.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎