• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Lumen et Umbra Men's SS11

really solid collection with some beautiful materials. some of the stand outs were knit pieces with interesting treatments and finishes. my favourite Lumen collection to date.

more pictures from the showroom: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=614

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • Enaml
    • Apr 2009

Those first pants remind me of cloak stuff. In the best way possible. All of this looks good. Did you like the feel of the basics, lowrey?
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

does look nice

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

really nice collection and beautiful treatment. does their basic/knit wear usually have wide collar?
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

the basics are nice, cut wise reminiscent of cdiem et al. and materials feel nice, soft jerseys, the one pictured here I believe is cold dyed.

the knit pieces tend to have pretty wide collars, the basics a bit more regular.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Epoc
            • Dec 2008

I'm pretty blown away with the fabric of all the knit garments. Great shots lowrey Can't wait to see some more detailed fit pictures.

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

need more basic^ those pants looks really nice as well.

Focusing on object details

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Some really nice pieces in there. I wonder what the composition of that first coat. Very wearable stuff, as always. But more desirable this time around.

Comment

• Spencer
                  • Feb 2007

Picked up my first Lumen piece recently from last season and it was much nicer than I was expecting (having handled nothing prior in person). I quickly clicked on this link and like what I see. Little subtle details I bet on all of these that we can't see in the pics...

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Very nice , The dirty grey pants are lovely!
                    This reminds me of a better executed more refined TRANSIT who's basics I still love and wear everyday

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Lowrey, you did not take a back picture of the hooded cardigan that was knit in a circular pattern modeled after spider web? That thing was mind-blowing. Someone I know ordered not one, but two of them. :-)

This was a very good collection and the price points are great too.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

wow, it looks great, but all these labels are starting to blur together completely.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                          wow, it looks great, but all these labels are starting to blur together completely.
                          Yes and no. I think they are all doing something different, but you do need to take a closer look at silhouettes, fabrics, treatments, etc. For example, I don't think you can confuse this with grandMA or LUC.

Come to think of it, you would love this, Heirloom.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Yes and no. I think they are all doing something different, but you do need to take a closer look at silhouettes, fabrics, treatments, etc. For example, I don't think you can confuse this with grandMA or LUC.

Come to think of it, you would love this, Heirloom.
                            there's always something different, but there's usually one feature differing them from all other designers, and all the other features are things they have in common. From the outside it must be quite confusing to see all these slouchy and colddyed grey designers. Makes me wonder just how relevant what they're doing is going to be in 10 years. It's soooo specific. It's like the process is fixed around certain superficial aspects. I don't just mean this for Lumen et Umbra, but a general observation.

Comment

• Avyer
                              • Dec 2007

Are the two photos of the shorts the same piece?
                              Remember, be here now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎