X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Womens SS07

Haha, I love to look at the pictures, so I'm sure the rest of you do as well. [:)]
    And Laika, it's funny you mention the all white outfit because I was actually wondering what you might think of it. I happen to love it as well and I am not one to like all white outfits. Like you said, it just looks so soft and alluring, I love it.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thanks, Casius, for the pics!

And, yes, I have always said that Ann is the master of the moving silhouette. I do agree that the pix that sbw posted don't look good, whether due to styling or the model - not sure.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

I think it's a combination of both. Just goes to show what a good stylist and photographer can do with a collection.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Interesting little blurb about the boots from hintmag:

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/M/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/M/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]

Ann Demeulemeester, with her penchant for dark hues, and the Moroccan
          babouche (slip-on), may seem like strange bedfellows, but behold the
          resulting sling-back boot?a sculpted, high-heeled, ankle-strapped
          masterpiece. And that's no mirage.

Lowdown: To this day, Demeulemeester heats the plastic used
          to create her prototypes in her very own kitchen, proving Belgians are
          nothing if not domestic. Available in white or black leather.

Price: $870 (a little less in Europe)

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ heh, nice! i can totally see that, too.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Interesting little blurb about the boots from hintmag:

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/M/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/M/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]

Ann Demeulemeester, with her penchant for dark hues, and the Moroccan
              babouche (slip-on), may seem like strange bedfellows, but behold the
              resulting sling-back boot?a sculpted, high-heeled, ankle-strapped
              masterpiece. And that's no mirage.

Lowdown: To this day, Demeulemeester heats the plastic used
              to create her prototypes in her very own kitchen, proving Belgians are
              nothing if not domestic.
              Available in white or black leather.

Price: $870 (a little less in Europe)

[/quote]

Hey Faust,

this kinds of strengthen the point i was trying to make about, a somewhat domesticated society being essential to fostering creativie talent.

It is necessary because people in those societies are forced (compelled) to improvise and this often leads to unexpected and surprisingly beautiful and interesing results results.................... "Neccessity is the mother of invention"

ZB

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ I agree. And it also tends to be in less capitalist societies, where not everything can be bought, but some things must be made, and in making the things you sometimes come to new ways of doing it... and it's all led by Quality, and is part of my thesis (another hint, Fuuma :-))

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ I agree. And it also tends to be in less capitalist societies, where not everything can be bought, but some things must be made, and in making the things you sometimes come to new ways of doing it... and it's all led by Quality, and is part of my thesis (another hint, Fuuma :-))
                  [/quote]

Yes, I remember living close to a leather Tanners (about 1/4 mile from my house) where the used to make shoes, they used to contract the sewing of the shoes to people in the neighborhood, we would be playing (football) soccer at the park, and people in the community would be watching the games and sewing shoes!!!!!!!!

It was a beautiful time for me growing up, thats why even though im making way more money now, i was a lot happier then, I want to find a way of using some of this artisanal (albeit dying, as thier is no outlet for it) resource in JA to produce collections that i can sell here. as i am sure there is a Maket for it. A less expensive kind of CCP, Linea, Margiela etc. as i know a lot of people like myself who appreciates this kind of work, but cannot consistently afford it now.........

OK, no more of this, I dont want to change the AnnD. thread into something else.[:D]

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎