X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klue
    • Apr 2009

Song for the Mute FW11

Dedicating our FW 2011 Collection “Milieu” to our grandmothers - this season marks our first serious foray into constructing with unique blends of wool.

For the first time, we will be presenting our FW11 range in Paris next month.

Preview of our FW11 collection is up on Scoute exclusively.

• upsilonkng
    • May 2010

I love it!! are you going to have more stockist? the only one I know is for tomorrow?

Comment

• ink
      • Sep 2010

Really nice work, can't wait to see it in Paris next month

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Nice to see the pictures, will be interesting to see more of it in the near future - especially detailed shots where the pieces themselves can be judged better.

klue, the collection is dedicated to grandmothers and you mentioned in another place, that this jacket (which looks pretty neat btw) is inspired by a cardigan one of the designer's (?) grandma once owned.
        Is that the case for more of the pieces of the collection? E.g. is the recurring theme that the pieces are inspired by some 'old-fashioned' grandpa pieces and adapted to a more present silhouette? Care to elaborate a bit on the grandma theme?
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• klue
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
          I love it!! are you going to have more stockist? the only one I know is for tomorrow?
          INK in Hong Kong is one of our current stockists atm

Starting this FW11 season, we will also be represented by 'Pieces' in Sydney which carries labels like _7, VA, IS and so on. Definitely a store to keep an eye out for next Winter.

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
          E.g. is the recurring theme that the pieces are inspired by some 'old-fashioned' grandpa pieces and adapted to a more present silhouette? Care to elaborate a bit on the grandma theme?
          Our design process begins with fabric selection. Inspiration for any new collection almost always comes from the fabrics sourced. The virgin wool/mohair that we used for the cardigan you speak of was the piece that influenced/stemmed the basis for the whole collection. The fabric reminded Lyna (the head designer of the label) of her late grandmother who was the only one in her family who supported and encouraged her to continue to pursue her passion in designing. Up to this day, her family still disapproves to the idea of this label.

'Milieu' which means the 'middle' or the 'core' is Lyna's attempt to communicate her voice and feelings. How she feels, her mood and what she is experiencing and/or experienced, all adds significantly to the development of our concepts. To be able to portray these emotions through the form of clothing, it requires her to develop new shapes, develop new styles and develop new ways of making garments.

To answer your question - the 'grandma' theme is not suppose to be taken too literally - I understand that you can't see too much details from the teaser campaign images but most of the FW11 outerwear pieces take the form of a 'cocoon' or an 'egg-shaped' silhouette. Somewhat representing that feeling of losing someone close to you.

Keeping this concept in mind - for us, this season is more about the process of merging construction and new shapes to heightened the natural qualities of the fabric within the collection.

Comment

• Zenith
            • Jun 2009

Are those boots part of the collection too?

Love the first two pictures. Looks extremely promising.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Having the opportunity to handle some of the pieces in this collection, I can say I was particularly impressed by the large cocoon-like bag executed in a nubby boiled wool, folded and pleated creating an organic shape that hugs the body, able to be worn in multiple ways as well as a clever opening/closure zip system. Quite special, really.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• eat me
                • May 2009

1st and 5th are a stand-out. You've come a long journey from the beginning, well done. A bit light for winter though, seems more like a transitional collection.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

Is this coat a dark navy or black? I can't quite tell. If its navy, everything about it is perfect in my opinion. Of course, I'm biased towards navy given my light red (complementary) hair - but even for people with other complexions, I love the color. Dark and neutral, less gothic, more moody and emotive.
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• klue
                    • Apr 2009

@Zenith - we don't do footwear at this point in time. However, they are something that we would like to venture into in the future. The Boiled Wool Back Pack that Brian explained marks our first attempt in accessories.

@eat me - your thoughts are always much appreciated! This particular campaign was shot for the Southern Hemisphere collection. We are working closely with AWI (Australian Wool Innovation) along with some key suppliers that we have acquired during our trip to PV last September to create our '2nd' winter range made specifically for the international market.

@trentk - the Organza Wool Jacket is made from 2 fabrics - inner layer is Wool Melton and outside is Linen/silk black Organza. The subtle sheen you get from the organza creates that colour you see in the images. Here's another image of the jacket:

This particular style will be offered in 2 colour ways - Black/Black and Ash(grey)/Black.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

video for FW11
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Video is nice,
                        I like the airiness of the clothes..........
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

yea I think the video brings it out nicely!
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ink
                            • Sep 2010

Nice video, looking forward to view their collection in 2 weeks later. Amazing collection with reasonable price.

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

Nice. I think I enjoyed the shots where the model was just hanging around much more than the ones where you can see him clearly posing for pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎