Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • night-timer
    • Apr 2011

Use velcro on the sides and discretely eliminate the tell-tale signs of the lazy man's zipper closures on the side that ruin the very lace-y look of the boots ;-)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I think they are high enough.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
        • Nov 2010

Great, as always!

Ann's consistency over the years is amazing and it's hard not to get "used" to the level of quality of her collections but when you, like Kunk pointed out, stop for a minute and look around at what else there is out there you can really see that she is a true genius.

While Ann might not be what I wear most of the time I really do think she deserves all the praise and more. Her collections and her presentation of the collections are usually the ones that I like the most, season after season.

On a more specific note I really like the idea of leggings underneath sheer pants. That's something that could be incorporated into almost any outfit and make a nice quirky addition.

All in all, very impressive.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
          • Aug 2009

Did anyone ever mention that Sébastien Meunier, formerly the head of Maison Martin Margiela's menswear lines between 2000 - 2010, had very recently joined Ann Demeulemeester to design her menswear collections? It must have obviously been only for a rather short time, but it will be interesting to see if and how the collection will look like under his' and obviously Ann's continuously present supervising eye.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
            Did anyone ever mention that Sébastien Meunier, formerly the head of Maison Martin Margiela's menswear lines between 2000 - 2010, had very recently joined Ann Demeulemeester to design her menswear collections? It must have obviously been only for a rather short time, but it will be interesting to see if and how the collection will look like under his' and obviously Ann's continuously present supervising eye.
            Like 5 times. Where have you been This is "his" first collection.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Oops, now that's an embarrassment - Anyway, I for one wouldn't have noticed the difference in style or hand in the details. it feels just as coherent to what Ann's been doing before. Seems like a good sign to me!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I felt it mostly in the coats with shawl collars - a very Margiela touch. But otherwise, yes - pretty coherent. The only crime I recall is no double straps on vests.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

They usually run quite large, and not only this season :-)

Originally posted by darker shades
                  do the ann demeulemeester mens footwear all run larger in size? or just the triple lace ones? which i personally found larger.......

Comment

• Stijn
                    • Jun 2011

Maybe a bit late, but I have found the (at least I think so) original source of the comet and star prints Ann used for the scarfs and t-shirts for this collection. I stumbled upon these images on the internet, they are from a medieval (16th century) german book called (Augsburg) wunderzeichenbuch which means something like 'book of miracle signs' and it contains beautiful paintings. And maybe they inspired her to use this beautiful golden fabric (used mostly in the lining).

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Cool. Thanks for this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

hmm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but does anyone know how outerwear / tops etc from this season fits ? TTS ?

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by munch View Post
                          hmm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but does anyone know how outerwear / tops etc from this season fits ? TTS ?
                          This is the wrong thread, but it's big like usual. XS = 46.

Comment

• JACK TORRANCE
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post

i ve found this pic from some archive...he has done the ''same'' jackets back in 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎