• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Tom Ford.

[quote user="Casius"]I must say though, he's got some very aggressive business strategies. Whether they work out for him or not is a whole different story....I honestly never would of thought there would be enough customers to warrant 2-3 stores, let alone the '100' he plans on opening. But hey, I give him props for going for it![/quote]

I don't think there are enough customers. Every reviewer reported his Madison store "a ghost town." There is big money behind me, but it's not his money.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

That's what I was curious about; His financial backing. I figured it wasn't him, but who's crazy enough to try and expand that fast when his stores aren't even proven yet? Yikes.

I know his name his 'hot' and all but I didn't know it's that 'hot'. That would be like Thom Browne opening stores all over the world and in some sense, I think he might do better because at least he has a more distinguished niche.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]That's what I was curious about; His financial backing. I figured it wasn't him, but who's crazy enough to try and expand that fast when his stores aren't even proven yet? Yikes.

I know his name his 'hot' and all but I didn't know it's that 'hot'. That would be like Thom Browne opening stores all over the world and in some sense, I think he might do better because at least he has a more distinguished niche.

[/quote]

Trust me - dumber decisions have been made by people who are supposed to be very smart (.com bust, sub-prime mortgage bust, next stop - hedge fund busts, and over-the-counter derivatives bust, and the last one will be huger than anything you've seen)... and, of course, some decisions that I derided turned out to be very smart.[74] We'll just have to wait and see. There is too much money floating around in private equity - to some people his expansion is not a big dent in their pockets.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

You have got to be shitting me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]You have got to be shitting me.
            [/quote]

We'll at least the contrast is striking with the 90s minimalism of most NYC stores. I wish more retail space went into a bold direction. Oh yeah, Ford is still tacky as hell though and while I see where Vitaminian was getting at, the whole thing is indeed too self-conscious to have the charm of say, an early 20th century colonial abode covered in exotic hides, Bauhaus chairsand tribal fetishes.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

tom ford for men

the first fragrance for men from tom ford that titty fucks bitches while you sit back and watch the game.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

^ I think that one has been out for a while.

The new one has a girl holding down a guy pouring beer down his throat I think.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Pnod, surely Tom Ford caters to a high society misogynist, not the trailer trash you are describing. I would put it thus, "Tom Ford for men: It will make her fake breasts swell with anticipation of what she will encounter behind your red velvet jacket, and her mouth ready to filate your cock, perfumed and covered in black caviar."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gerry
                      • Feb 2008

Ford will have a kid in 2008 with his partner, Vogue Hommes International editor Richard Buckley:

"Richard knows I've wanted this for a long time. He's just resisted it. He would be a spectacular father. It's going to give his life new meaning ? It will be biologically mine. I mean, I'm a lot younger. If things follow their natural order he'll [Richard] probably leave the planet ahead of me and I can't not have had something I've wanted forever. I've always wanted kids. I don't want to get to 75 years old and just have made a lot of dresses, done some houses."

Tom Ford.... a father???

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Jeebus [86] That will be one well-balanced family.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jsp
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]Jeebus [86] That will be one well-balanced family.
                          [/quote]

haha...I wonder what the baby room would look like.

Comment

• aruva
                            • Dec 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Jeebus [86] That will be one well-balanced family.
                            [/quote]

[74]

Comment

• J_J
                              • Apr 2008

I want to know what beeyotch he's gonna make baby with to make sure it comes out really hawt.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Pnod, surely Tom Ford caters to a high society misogynist, not the trailer trash you are describing. I would put it thus, "Tom Ford for men: It will make her fake breasts swell with anticipation of what she will encounter behind your red velvet jacket, and her mouth ready to filate your cock, perfumed and covered in black caviar."
                                [/quote]

was just imagining myself watching b-ball..[86]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎