• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

HAUTE FW07/08

Pretty good!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: HAUTE FW07/08

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

HAUTE showroom. Looks exactly like the designer's STRAF hotel in Milan.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

And here is how it looked on the runway.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I wonder why Library does not pick up HAUTE. It seems right up their alley, "curious and unusual" and fairly sophisticated and grown up.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting, Faust! I really like that first coat. And their showroom is nice too. [:P]

I also think it looks pretty good overall, and I'm surprised more people aren't interested. Perhaps it is lacking in identity a bit? The clothes are pretty subtle, although his techniques sound very interesting, especially the fabric treatments.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks for posting, Faust! I really like that first coat. And their showroom is nice too. [:P]

I also think it looks pretty good overall, and I'm surprised more people aren't interested. Perhaps it is lacking in identity a bit? The clothes are pretty subtle, although his techniques sound very interesting, especially the fabric treatments.

[/quote]

He's also been having fit problems. Otherwise, yes, I'm not sure why it's not a little more popular. I think it's because he does not market, yet he is failing to develop a cult following because the clothes are not as dramatic as those of Poell and CDiem. I think he needs to depict the making processes more, make it into a staple information, the way Margiela has done.

P.S. I found the womenwsear too, I shall post shortly.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Yes, I can see even from the pics that fit could be a problem. The cuts look a bit tricky. Do you own any of this, Faust? I have certainly seen tempting pieces on yoox before, but never in my size.

What do you mean by "staple information"?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

was reading thru the article Laika posted in the media Forum,

And while the clothes seems nice (i would wear) there is nothing outstanding about it.

his arguments seems stronger than the clothes themselves............ and i think for the look he has here he is going to HAVE TO market to a wider audience if he wants to be successful......

the thing thats great about CCP, Margiela, C-Diem etc. is that the clothing they make have certain subtle details and ideas (subtle meaning does'nt shout, but clearly visible........... such as the overlock stiching, handmade heels on shoes, special leather treatments etc) that makes them different from clothes that are mass produced. It therefore appeals to a customer that feels justified in buying something that (gives a visual impression that at least) it is not mass produced

these ideas and techniques gives something to the clothes that I call the "Soul factor"

ANN D's Clothes has this essential "Soul factor" element to it too.... an almost dreamy and othetworldly vibe............ if you will, His clothes might be well made (i havent seen it up clothes so i dont know) and looks good, but it cannot be marketed to this kind of customer.

B TW, Faust, do you know his price points?

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Yes, I can see even from the pics that fit could be a problem. The cuts look a bit tricky. Do you own any of this, Faust? I have certainly seen tempting pieces on yoox before, but never in my size.

What do you mean by "staple information"?

[/quote]

I have a pair of wool/steel pants and a belt with chains. I also had a gorgeous recycled cashmere sweater that I never got to wear, so I sold it.

By "staple information" I mean a development of a certain credo - for example, everyone knows that Margiela uses object-dying techniques, reconstruction techniques, etc. Everyone knows that CDiem is manually made, using highest quality materials, often interacting with natural elements, and subjected to treatments that make it unique (i.e. washable leather). I think if Haute emphasized something like that (like creating long tags with description of how an item was made), it would be a plus for them. Like the recycled cashmere sweater I mentioned - have you ever heard of such a thing? I haven't. I don't even exactly know what that means - but I would love to know.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

That showroom is awesome. I know it's used so often now but using raw buildings (untiled ceilings, plain concrete floors, whitewashed walls etc.) and rooms combined with sharp cases and display stands are just oh so lovely.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Buckwheat
                          • Sep 2006

Women FW07

from cento cose

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

I [64] the beige trench, looks very femme fatale but the hood adds a modern element that makes it almost post-apocalyptic in look.

I was reading the discussion on Haute being less "recognized" than Poell and Altieri, there are some good points about building a distinctive identity however I am not sure that Haute really is less popular than those labels, anyone can clarify this?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know how I missed this - thanks, Buckwheat for the pics! I love the trench as well, Fuuma, and the leather dress too (love the neck).

As far as popularity, it's a good question. It did not do well in stores here at all, he has had fit (not sizing) issues. A brief flirt with Barneys and Jeffrey ended quickly. Now I don't know a single stocklist here who has it. I don't think it's popular in Europe either. You would expect it to see in L'Eclariuer, the Library, and so on, but it's not there. So, it's neither "curious and unusual" (as the Library motto states) enough, nor mainstream enough for less attenuated people to recognize why they are paying high prices for this. This is a partial answer, of course, because I see Peachoo and Krejberg doing better than Haute, and I'd put them in the same ballpark. I like Haute much better personally for his unabashed luxe (as stated in one article) - I am getting a little bit fed up with deconstructed labels charging overconstructed prices. Yet you see P+K at Pollyanna and IF (and even Saks had them for two seasons - brain fart?). I could definitely see a carefully edited Haute collection at Atelier, once they expand.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎