• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnarjen
    • Oct 2009

Rick Owens Women's FW11 - Paris

First Look: Rick Owens Fall 2011

Rick Owens would like to keep things simple this fall. “It’s about not overthinking it, deliberately not overthinking it, deliberately kind of pulling back from overthinking,” he said late one night in his studio. Then, catching his contradiction, “Almost making a tremendous effort not to overthink it,” he said with a smile.

Owens is happy because, almost a full 48 hours before showtime, things are in pretty good shape. (“We’ve been working with the same factory for ten years. If we haven’t learned something by now, we’d be real idiots.”) He’s also confident that he’s realized his goal: a collection filled with simple, straightforward shapes in easy-to-understand, easy-to-wear fabrics.

Silhouettes are big and boxy, but soft in cashmere and fur. Nothing tricky. His main outerwear statement will likely be capes (or cashmere sacks, as he called them) that encompass the body like a pod and reach the floor. As he sees it, “I think there’s something sexy about rejecting body-conscious clothes.”

March 02, 2011 10:31 a.m.

(If you click them, all the photos will go way larger)
  • eat me
    • May 2009

But not as much as SS. It looks a bit messy, I always expect focus and uniformity in Rick's work. And awesomeness. This was lacking.

I'm still a fanboy though.

On style com Rick's picture at the end looks sad. Like he knows he's not at his best.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Just wait.
      This will be great.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

i dunno i see some seriously EPIC shit going on. i'm very, very impressed with the collection and can't wait for a lot of these new styles to trickle into the menswear. perhaps something about the styling gives off the aura of messiness but i think this is actually superior to the men's. rick is truly in his own league.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Just wait.
          This will be great.
          Oh, it is great, no doubt. But nothing left me truly in awe, like SS "ship" dress - that stuff was iconic.

Comment

HAAAAAAALLELUJA. HAAAAAAAALLELUJA. HALLELUJA, HALLELUJA, HALLEEEEEEEE-LUJAAAAAA.

craaazy shoulders.

Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

^ spot on

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

holy shet this is fuckin beautiful . the very 1st images with the hooded thing reminds me of a reverend mother from lynch's dune . i looooove how narrow and close together the legs look in those long skirts . my fave of his womens collections , actually i think both mens and womens fw11 are goddam perfection
                this ( sorry to repost same page but dam its so good ) is the epitome of everythin,from silhouette to styling , i would love to see on others and also myself

and those accordion boots daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

"Rick Owens would like to keep things simple this fall. “It’s about not overthinking it, deliberately not overthinking it, deliberately kind of pulling back from overthinking,” he said late one night in his studio. Then, catching his contradiction, “Almost making a tremendous effort not to overthink it,” he said with a smile."

Must've been thinking about our Poell thread.

This is nice - some of it very elegant, actually.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• North
                    • Sep 2008

The gloves are such a nice touch to this already great collection. It adds sharpness to it. the shapes they make against the garments are very nice. I really like the pointyness of it against the more rounded shapes.
                    the brown grey color combinations are also great. Id love to see these pieces seperate aswell.

Comment

• Darklands
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

exceptional looking collection . . . wow.

Comment

• edhohoho
                        • Jan 2011

Very nice collection. Really like the long flared gloves and mixed leather/fabric jackets. Not sure about those hoods/headdresses though but still very cool.

Comment

• BUMMER
                          • Feb 2010

“I think there’s something sexy about rejecting body-conscious clothes.”

He is right and demonstrates it so well with this collection.-Not just for 'rejecting body-conscious clothes', but also for doing it with such a sense for texture and shape. The shapes do conform to and therefore bring attention to the body underneath the clothes. Which is extremely sexy for those with an imagination..

Comment

• B.R.
                            • Feb 2011

Inspiration: Charles James' evening jacket, from 1937.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Thanks for sharing, that's an amazing jacket decades ahead of its time.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎