Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Congratulations on getting in, Albert!! I'd love to be able to head down to a retailer and try this stuff on...
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

this is great man thanks so much for taking the time to document all of this. very cool...
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Great work and insight Albert!

Can we combine the two threads into one? would make sense as they both concern the same collection
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

That sounds great A. I had initially separated the two threads intending one being essentially just for images with this being more of a discussion thread but they've both evolved to be discussions.

Thanks for merging the two!

I'll be posting up the Enso wallet process series in the next few days as well!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tomatous
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

Fantastic work Albert. A true inspiration.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thank you :)

Lowrey was kind enough to merge the two threads (from the designer discussion thread to the one here) so that images and discussion can be continued in a linear fashion.

More to come folks!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Yan
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                well if they didn't know, now they do..............

this thing aint easy as typing some thoughtless critique on a computer screen
                families suffer because of this, love life suffers because of this, the hope of accomplishing something personally fullfilling is the reward................and hopefully making enough to warrant the financial investment and time for this kind of pursuit

well, if they didn't know, now they do....................
                at least partly............................
                Very true Zamb. I think your observations are very important in the path to illumination or at least some kind of empathy.

Albert my friend, you continue to build on the respect I already have for you. You truly must believe that rest is for the rest.

I had a chance to look at your work first hand in Layers and was really impressed by the quality of workmanship.

Live long and prosper.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Thank you Yan!

I hope that we'll be able to meet at some point in the future... if I can find some time to slip away across the pond back to London for a bit :)

Would love to have seen your in-store creation at Layers.

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Such a priveliege to be able get just a small glimpse into the mind of a truly passionated man with seemingly endless talent, an Artist at the dawn of his career. Keep it up and you will be up there with Poell and Yohi in a decennium or two.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you for the kind words Quiet Noise :)

Unfortunately due to other things that life brings along, the third iteration is going to be the last one for the time being. A exit after completing three collections, being fortunate enough to be carried in several stores worldwide and garnering the attention of those in the industry is something that saddens me but at the same time I feel a great sense of accomplishment in what developed from an individual just experimenting and tinkering in their own house :)

My continued training in surgery as well as other interests in the medical device design world will require my (mostly) undivided attention so Collateral is going to have to go on the back burner starting this summer. Because I will only be able to produce pieces for the next 2 months...

Collateral Third Iteration can now be purchased directly from the studio.

Please PM me for price list and inquiries.

Thank you all again for your support over the years!!

Comment

• Faye
                        • Apr 2009

Today I just received my order of the 3th iteration.
                        After several purchases from the 2nd collection, one could clearly see the progress in his work. The material on the T-shirt is much much softer than I could tell from the pictures and the careful object-dye in the beautiful slate grey makes it very special amongst my other t-shirts.
                        The belt has a very solid construction, that will last a lifetime. And IRL it really looks as beautiful as on the pictures, if not better.
                        During the production process A gave me regular updates about any progress and he even took pictures, such as seen below. I really appreciated that, as it took the personal connection between designer and client to a whole new level for me.
                        Sad to hear that Collateral Concepts is put on ice, but on the other side I’m happy that you’ll still be using your talent in other parts of life. I wish you all the best for your surgical career and much success in the medical device design my friend.

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

Yo Albert, I just got back from the moon and I just somehow got around to checking this. The line is great! I love it all! Its great seeing it come together! I know you put your heart and soul into this creative outlet and I must say it is inspiring. Hope to see you soon!

Comment

• dmash1080
                            • Mar 2011

God I wish SOOOOOO bad I could find the messenger from 1st iteration. Such an awesome bag.

Comment

• gohn
                              • Mar 2009

Thanks for shareing processing pictures with us ! It brings an idea how a great piece is made and why the true designers should be respected

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎