• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Costume National SS 08 Mens - Milan

This is actually a very solid collection with a few stand out looks. I'm glad Capasa may have realized that he is not a great creative designer, just a solid one and went back to what he does best - solid clothes that can be easily incorporated into one's wardrobe. Next thing - bring down the prices to where they were before (about 30% lower than those of the best designers).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Costume National SS 08 Mens - Milan

This is my favorite look \/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

my second fave look (looks like the first fave, but in different color )

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

This is actually a very solid collection with a few stand out looks. I'm glad Capasa may have realized that he is not a great creative designer, just a solid one and went back to what he does best - solid clothes that can be easily incorporated into one's wardrobe. Next thing - bring down the prices to where they were before (about 30% lower than those of the best designers).

[/quote]

Agreed; I think the price shuffling is already going on, at least from what I see at LVR, anyway. Which is good, a few seasons back CN was terribly expensive.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Agreed; I think the price shuffling is already going on, at least from what I see at LVR, anyway. Which is good, a few seasons back CN was terribly expensive.

[/quote]

Yes, which was absurd. Their selling point was the palatable prices. When the prices went up along with Capasa's artistic pretensions, I simply stopped looking. Apparently I was not the only one, because Barneys dropped the collection two seasons ago. It just wasn't selling, because most people would look at a similarly priced CN suit and a Dolce suit and went with Dolce.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

the quality went down also, I bought a couple of pieces for my brother who just moved hhere a few weeks ago, and some of the buttons etc were falling off with one wearing.

I never paid too much attention this line though,

I will be looking closer now.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cbdas
                  • Oct 2006

I really dont like this belted jacket trend . I really like everything else though considering how much little impact the fw collection left on me.

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

I browsed the LA store last fall and was terribly unimpressed. They had button ups for 3-350. They should have been a touch under 200.

For those prices I'mbuying dries and a little more margiela andraf.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎