Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Do you think they hammer the lamb before or after its death?

Comment

• voice_on_tape
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
      Do you think they hammer the lamb before or after its death?
      i think its both lol
      -v_o_t
      sale items

Comment

• Qwerty
        • Oct 2011

From the other sex's perspective, I'd say the skirts on a man will make us do a double take and I'd be interested in the persona of the wearer. It has to be worn comfortably and nonchalantly or he'll resemble a fashion victim, an absolute turn-off, in which case I'd pass if I were a male and feel self-conscious in them.

As for the pushing of fashion boundaries, I don't think it does, kilts, sarongs, etc. have always existed, and I'm rather disappointed in the tops and outerwear from this collection, he can definitely do better.

His womenswear for SS12 is divine - minimalist but such stunning proportions.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Qwerty View Post
          From the other sex's perspective, I'd say the skirts on a man will make us do a double take and I'd be interested in the persona of the wearer. It has to be worn comfortably and nonchalantly or he'll resemble a fashion victim, an absolute turn-off, in which case I'd pass if I were a male and feel self-conscious in them.

As for the pushing of fashion boundaries, I don't think it does, kilts, sarongs, etc. have always existed, and I'm rather disappointed in the tops and outerwear from this collection, he can definitely do better.

His womenswear for SS12 is divine - minimalist but such stunning proportions.
          Yes and no. They have existed, but in the contemporary Western society they are seen as absolutely and unmistakably emasculating (unless you are a Scotsman on a national holiday). So, in that way, it is a push. Of course Gaultier has done it long ago, and the Met has even had an exhibition on Men in Skirts. Still, these are full on dresses, so I think there is a push.

Very interesting to hear a woman's perspective though.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Qwerty
            • Oct 2011

Hi Faust, You're most welcomed!

Tbh, I *love* these long lean skirts as they are truly graceful and elegant, but you have to tread very carefully in them - they are very difficult to wear without incidents!

Not sure if any guy is ready to do the necessary sacrifices...

rilu, Yes, it takes a real man to carry it off, and when it does, it's really cool to behold.

Comment

• Ivans On High
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

Has anyone got any pictures of the footwear? Preferably from the showroom?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

So, I have been thinking today that of all the recent RO SS collections all the way back to Creatch (which was great) this feels the most articulated. Often his SS collections come across as a bunch of basics and - worst case - some denim and fanny packs and endless variations on the goth street wear thing, but this is something else entirely. Not sure why it took me so long to see it that way, but yeah - it's v good IMO and I am looking forward to seeing it in stores now.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I am curious to see if you change your mind after you see it in stores.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

funny, i liked limo better on the runway than on the shelf but i too like what i have seen of spring/summer thus far

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I am curious to see if you change your mind after you see it in stores.
                      hm, yeah kinda... only bought a dress T and the flappy boots so far and am not seeing myself buying a whole lot more. Too much I already have and while I did try the skirt (and my kids didn't object) it's just not for me and very awkward to walk in.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

The one thing I was most interested in doesn't seem to have been picked up by LVR or Antonioli...the horizontal-striated silk blazer.

This leather may be in my future...but agree with Kunk...there are only a handful of days appropriate for a leather jacket in this part of the world, so buying another is a total waste.

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Get the bomb squad jacket in a leather shell.
                          LN-CC had a kickass outfit on the men's home page a few months ago that featured a leather over a coat, looked like a leatherblocked coat.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                            Get the bomb squad jacket in a leather shell.
                            LN-CC had a kickass outfit on the men's home page a few months ago that featured a leather over a coat, looked like a leatherblocked coat.
                            What with duties and such, I can only afford to shop with LVR at this point. Even the markup on the locally stocked things are unaffordable.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

I was only endorsing their styling.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

^ fuckers still don't ship to Canada.

I tried to proxy something from them with poor results recently. Anyway, they don't have my size, so moot.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎