• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
    ...i have trouble accepting that this will hit a chord with a large proportion of men.
    but there are various ways of hitting the chord. I wouldn't wear a majority of these looks, but visually, and as a runway show, this looked pretty good to me. some repetitive looks like the long tank + long skirt combos, but some really sick looks as well.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• miserableman
      • Dec 2009

I agree with that, as a runway show, it's good. Much prefer this to last summer. I like how rick uses colour, the black and white looks don't work as well imo.

I guess when you can shift buckets loads of 'classic' streetwear items from previous collections year on year you can afford to have a collection full of dresses that only a couple people will buy.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

a cynic might argue that he's now gone typical fashion house: 'non-commercial runway collection that sells eyewear'...

obviously i wouldn't agree.

Comment

• chomeo
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          ....I wouldn't wear a majority of these looks, but visually, and as a runway show, this looked pretty good to me. some repetitive looks like the long tank + long skirt combos, but some really sick looks as well.
          I agree here. If anything, a lot of it was pleasing to the eyes.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

i like it , dont love it but i dont hate it either . me i like that this is different from the usual rick mens summer stuff . actually im totally happy to see more depth for his summerwear . i think if i didnt alrdy have skirts and blazers and tank tops for layering id be all over this collection and droolin at everythin . this also kinda reminds me of current season womens with the long flowin skirts . there rly isnt anythin here that i wouldnt wear but theres also not a whole lot i like enough to buy at least rite now . moods change and come next feb or march when im bored ill prolly see things differently and want everythin . im mad curious to see whos gonna wear those long skirts next summer

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
              Eat Me, I dare you to buy something like it at least. I've seen one shrinkwrapped fit from you. It was good, and not trying to be personal, but there is a long road from saying something looks sick and actually wear something like this outside. At least for people who usually dress fairly basic on here ( this was not meant for you, I don't know what you usually wear).
              Dude, you don't even know me.

First of all, let's just make it clear - nowhere in the post have I stated that this is more wearable/just as wearable as Rick's previous offerings. I specifically made the point that this is "proper fashion" - it's pushing the boundaries and playing with norms, and doing it brilliantly. I don't look at it from a boxed-in consumer point of view.

However, if you want to discuss my personal take on it as something to wear, I'd say that the problem I have with it is very different from the stuff that's been voiced here.

I would wear some of it, including the skirts, but I feel like I would need to add a lot to it, so that I wouldn't be in a skirt/dress every day, as it would be very hard to match this Rick with anything other than Rick, if that makes sense. Therefore, I would have to heavily invest into buying a lot of stuff, if one of them would be the skirt/dress.

If I would have a bigger budget to spend on clothes, I would buy it without blinking. And many people on here have this opportunity. And that is what upsets me - that they don't use it.

If I could, I'd buy these three looks:

Comment

• North
                • Sep 2008

I think this is a nice collection. its a good progression for him. obviously the skirts are not for everybody, but it made a point i guess. i would have preferred more variation.
                I really like the graphic tops with the horizontal bars. fucking awesome. I may buy one of those.
                I dont get all the critique for him trying different shapes and skirts. i applaud experiment. sometimes it fails sometimes it goes right. atleast he tries.

Comment

• rudo
                  • Feb 2009

There is a difference between "I want to wear items in the show" and "I loved the show". You don't need to buy/wear them to justify they were great.

I personally liked it a lot. I probably won't wear the skirts but I like where he is going.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

I have a pretty large clothing budget and would still avoid that white and cream dynasty inspired getup like a hypodermic needle full of aids

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

kunk75, I got that from your posts, and while it's surely up to you personally to wear what you like, this kind of attitude makes me disappointed. It's not like anyone would confuse you with a girl either.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        would still avoid that white and cream dynasty inspired getup
                        bwahahahaa

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

I don't so much see the skirts/dresses, as a column/square/block, I look at it in more abstract graphical terms.

Also, I think it's worth bearing in mind Rick's comments on how he wants to move away from body-conscious clothing. I think it's not an easy thing to do, and he manages to do it fantastically well, both for girls and guys. I like nicely fitted trousers and bodycon leathers just as the next guy, and I really do have a thing for fit, but from designer's perspective what Rick does lately is seriously worthy of praise. From consumers - well, that's a different story, but he acknowledges it.

I think the only thing I'm not too happy about is the pairing of these glasses with long-ish hair.

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            the cataract sunglasses aren't helping
                            Funny you should say that. When I saw them, I immediately wondered if rick's inspiration was one of the most badass fits I've seen in along time:
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Haha. Hypocrisy, I have it

Comment

i wanna thank rick for following my lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎