Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

InAisce Spring/Summer 2012

An Aeon Drifting

• Jotsko
    • Feb 2008

oh jona
    he is quickly establishing himself as a protege of ingenuity. the aesthetic is once again outstanding. his play with form, technique, cuts, finish is reflectively subversive--it's apparent that he pushes for starkly counter-imposing the nuances of his previous stylings. i find that despite definitively holding an underlying antiquated roughness, the gloss and softer texturizing provide for a subtler, ethereal, and less abrasive edge than is noted in the contemporary works of various commercialized brands. folkish earthiness-meets-cold contemporaneity. it's quite the beautiful compromise.
    otherwise, i wonder what the density quotient is for the cloths. there seems to be a high variability. it's intriguing.
    Last edited by Jotsko; 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM.
    майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Yeah there's a lot I like here. It anything it's probably the most consistent collection for me yet, besides maybe Dries'. The fabric is great, palette is great, the styling is great and the designs are great. And it all fits together well in a way that perhaps doesn't wow, but soothes then fascinates. Again, not well versed enough to really comment on how innovative it is but I do feel like there are elements I've seen before.

But that doesn't personally really bother me. For me what's more interesting is the lack of things that bother me. The lack of flaws to feed my ocd. I feel like I could always pull this up look at it and smile. And that's similar to how I evaluate movies too. My favorite movie isn't one that simply blows my mind on first viewing or the most innovative one, but the one that is most perfectly consistent within its own world that the auteur has created.

One that is able to balance enormous complexity with few to no glaring plot holes and one that I could watch over and over again throughout my life without becoming sick of it.

That's how this collection is for me anyway. La la.

Comment

• Zenith
        • Jun 2009

Fabrics looks great, as do the proportions and colour palate. Would love to see some closeups.

Also, the styling for the shoot is exemplary (as it has been for all previous seasons too). Inaisce always manages to look cold and medieval, yet warm and earthy, and still somehow look contemporary. Kudos.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

some SS12 women's shots here. has anyone had a chance to visit the installation in NYC this week?

Comment

• crtk001
            • Nov 2010

some of these pieces are just perfection. the dark grey jacket, looks sort of an evolution of your orchid jacket is beautiful, the looks right under it with the full hood too. the whole triangle cut is something i've been doing, cutting tees and wrapping scarves to do, i love it, hopefully serpentine orders them in up here. amazing work, you're becoming so established so quickly and its well deserved.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

photos from the SS12 presentation, courtesy of ladygunn magazine.

Comment

• BUMMER
                • Feb 2010

Loving what Jona is doing.
                Lapel-less blazer fits beautifully with just enough room in the sleeves.
                Anyone else love the Chinese slippers in scarstitched leather?

Comment

• the-orb
                  • Jun 2009

The coat with the zip-off hoodie looks great, it kind of looks like a scuba diving suit for the city. You don't see too many good pieces with removable or hidden hoodies. The blazer in the last pic looks perfectly cut, I especially like the arm shape and the pocket placement. A great example of "warm and earthy"

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                    • Aug 2011

I really like the colours and textures and how they're mixed together. The layering work here is fantastic. It's so dark yet very soothing and natural.

I would love the last jacket if it were made in women's sizing.

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

Hum I really like it. The colors, the shapes, the textures. It's very nice.

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by GlassOrganelle View Post
                        I really like the colours and textures and how they're mixed together. The layering work here is fantastic. It's so dark yet very soothing and natural.

I would love the last jacket if it were made in women's sizing.
                        In Aisce uses unisex sizing but a size 1 is pretty small sized for men, I'd say about equivalent to a size 42 IT which is about size 6 US for women.

If you're in Sydney there's a store that stocks In Aisce.
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                          In Aisce uses unisex sizing but a size 1 is pretty small sized for men, I'd say about equivalent to a size 42 IT which is about size 6 US for women.
                          Actually, the InAisce size 1 in mens will fit a size IT 40/UK 8/US 2 for women in most styles and 38 in others. (Write to me if you'd like to know how each piece fits -- I tried nearly all on at his studio...) The size 1 for men was made for that good number of his female clientele who would like to wear clothing he shows on men, but in my opinion, and likely his, too, could be shown on women just as well.

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

I only own the one piece of outerwear (Guardian Jacket - left) thus far however the size 1 fits me perfectly and I'm on the smaller side of EU 44, not sure how consistent the sizing is across different items though.
                            Last edited by dji; 09-20-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                              • Aug 2010

love the first right jacket!
                              cool hats too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎