Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

TAKAHIRO MIYASHITA The Soloist FW11

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting. So far so good.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gnow
      • Jun 2010

The only thing I would come to dislike about this would probably be the price tag.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

True, but when you see the construction you at least know where your money is going.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KiraKira
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gnow View Post
          The only thing I would come to dislike about this would probably be the price tag.
          To be completely honest I don’t understand way people constantly seams to complain about the pricing; a blazers around 70 000-80 00 yen, a coat is usually 120 000 yen and trouser usually ranges between 40 000 to 70 000.

Around a 1000 $ for a coat I find to be very humane taking in to consideration that people on this forum tend to spend a hell of a lot more on individual pieces of clothing (CCP anyone?).

Also, if you would ever have a chance to examine the items in person I think you will understand the reason behind the pricing. The construction (at least in my humble opinion) pretty whips the floor with most other labels.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ twice that in the US, if not more.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KiraKira
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              /\ twice that in the US, if not more.
              Oh, then it finally makes sense. I have been importing everything I bought from him straight from Japan (a lot cheaper despite fees), so I wasn’t quite aware of the pricing situation in the US.

But still, I think it’s important to point out that the Japanese pricing is indeed very different when compared to the rest of the world, since he seems to get a lot of flak for being overpriced which he really isn’t (blame the weak dollar and costumes for that one).

Comment

• Atom
                • Sep 2009

I like this. Well, besides the ugly-ass sneaker styling and some of the hats that are too costumey.

Lots of interesting details, colour palette is fantastic, and I'm sure the fabrics are top-class. And here and there some small things remind of old N(N) collections.

Comment

• Supel
                  • Apr 2011

Sorry for the larger image, though being larger you can obviously see a lot more detail. Shot done by Keiichi Nitta. This style of jacket was also used in his first collection of SoloIst, all hems are hand ripped (detailing is immaculate and each piece being slightly irregular). I own a few pieces and the quality and detailing is to the equivalence (in fact better imo) of A Closed Feeling. Adore Taka's direction, though I dislike the shoot above for his newer collection but ofcourse pictures do almost no justice just like a lot of the SZ labels.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                    • Sep 2010

I'm usually hyper-sensitive to costumey, or "dressing up box" collections. Ann and Comme are sometimes guilty.

Not here. This looks very good. I think it is the coherence of the colour and textures. It is lively, playful and looks very wearable.

I really rate the styling too.
                    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Epoc
                      • Dec 2008

More pictures from the August Mens Non-no HERE (Also with pictures of the lookbook in the previous post)

I love the styling in this collection. Even though it looks like an extension of the previous collections, the subtle changes in patterns and textures is really nice. I need me some of those cowboy shirts and the thicker wool pajama pants

Comment

• Atom
                        • Sep 2009

Thanks for the link, nice set of photos.

BTW that's Mr. Miyashita himself in the last pic. Too cool!

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Lot of works here. Nice pictures. I like it!

Comment

• Magic1
                            • Jan 2011

I think it's a little too caricatury for me.

Comment

• Sverrenor
                              • Feb 2012

Supel, do you know where to find this image in high res?

Originally posted by Supel View Post
                              Sorry for the larger image, though being larger you can obviously see a lot more detail. Shot done by Keiichi Nitta. This style of jacket was also used in his first collection of SoloIst, all hems are hand ripped (detailing is immaculate and each piece being slightly irregular). I own a few pieces and the quality and detailing is to the equivalence (in fact better imo) of A Closed Feeling. Adore Taka's direction, though I dislike the shoot above for his newer collection but ofcourse pictures do almost no justice just like a lot of the SZ labels.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎