X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Thom Browne Women's s/s 2012 New York

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Magic1
      • Jan 2011

colossal mess.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

with apologies for the disorganized images. i was rushing.

i quite enjoyed the spectacle here!
            the great gatsby vibe--the frivolity of it--is a fine place for thom this season...an unexpectedly timely circus.

i even see a few looks i could wear....shouldn't be too hard to pick them out.
            Last edited by laika; 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• david s
              • Jul 2010

lady gaga appears to have thrown up on the cast of the addams family

spectacle indeed , wonder if the prices will be in range with his menswear
              It's absolutely Hedious!
              shy poser

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

This is really delightful and bizarre. I haven't seen too many women in the women's runway stuff but I have seen a few in the womens suits and they always looks killer (almost literally like killers, to a certain extent, which is a good look in my book).
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

I really dig this. It does feel like a ridiculous, frivolous spectacle, but some of the individual pieces look to be quite wearable. (And I really like that boston bag).
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

Some of it kinda reminds me of Comme des Garçons. In a good way. I think.

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

in context its very cartoony (wasnt there a cartoon with long bodies and tiny legs???)

seeing the details draws a clearer picture of how nice it is pulled apart.

break it down and i get a rift of the comme vibe but i cant put my finger on exactly why. maybe its the overemphasized proportions? droogist, laika and mbd, i'm sure you will know better than me.

it took me a couple of views... and then i saw the trench with the black trim (laika, might this be one you liked).
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rider; 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I love this!!!

(the duck necklace is just brilliant), the weird proportions, the patterns, the 20's style sportswear. it's cute. it's a sympathetic and entertaining presentation , with a collection with meat on it's bones.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

lol i have a rubberduck necklace just like that ima have to dig it out now , was free and came wrapped around a drink called " grenade " when i was in neworleans . was real good too very sweet and can hardly taste any alcohol , prol why they called it that cos u can chug a bunch then when u get up to pee ur like hooo shit i feel it now

Comment

• BUMMER
                            • Feb 2010

The idea to have the models smiling confidently and enjoying themselves (some even look like they are having a chat while walking the runway) was a touch of brilliance here. ("Confidence" is always something Thom Browne mentions as a key quality he finds esssential in a man/woman who wears his clothes.) With his background in theatre I wonder if it was his idea to add this element to the show presentation..?
                            Quite a lot to like here!

Comment

• copacetic
                              • Nov 2010

i always feel that browne is offering a critique instead of showing fashion. though, that's what i love most about his collections.
                              And "When the prince has gathered about him
                              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎