• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yuta
    • Sep 2011

SIKI IM Spring/Summer 2012

The Topography of Globalization

Last edited by Yuta; 09-19-2011, 08:42 AM.
  • Yuta
    • Sep 2011

Comment

• Yuta
      • Sep 2011

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Those suits look pretty honest ; I especially like the second one departing from the bottom, the one with those pleated/knotted trousers, and the clean cut/short sleeves of the jackets.
        BTW, how do they close ? It doesn't look like buttons.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Happy to see the collection has posted. A week after the show and I'd started to wonder if perhaps it wouldn't be, considering they somehow seem to go up nowadays before the venue's even been cleared, lol..

◕ Unlike photos of last season's presentation, I think this collection – and the proximity in which models were shot – really allows you to see the quality level of Siki's work.
          This is a designer who knows exactly what he's doing. There is a precision to his clothes which draws me in; it's not so much the details as it is the attention to overall detailing.
          It's a mindfulness I don't often see, and that includes in artisanal/ niche labels.

◕ I saw this show in person and can say that the fabrics looked even more lightweight than they do here – almost floaty as the models walked by. Pieces seem easy to mix & easy to wear. I walked away thinking this collection was polished yet casual, simple without being boring, and it was comfortable-looking. For warm spring/ hot summer days, what more could you ask for?

Mail-Moth - I believe they button from the inside so the outside stays clean. At least that's what I recall the closures being on a showroom vest I slipped into, albeit last season. Personally, I find them kinda a pain in the ass, but sometimes visible closures can make or break a piece, and in those cases it's worth the aggravation.
          sain't

Comment

• Sep 2008

I was wondering if it was going to post too. This season is really wearable. I'm digging the jackets with the M65 pocket inspiration. Very cool to see Siki evolving & getting some recognition, he's such a talent.

Comment

• copacetic
              • Nov 2010

curious about execution, and the pieces that will be sold in boutiques. it's been a mixed bag in my experience. some excellent suiting, but i've handled some 100% silk and silk blend pieces that were very underwhelming. hard to tell from photos, but some of these fabrics i'm seeing here have the same sheen and texture as the silks i hated so much.
              And "When the prince has gathered about him
              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Pleue
                • Sep 2011

Looks very comfortable and the fabrics seem to be really flowy atleast according to the photos. Am I the only one who thinks that some of the looks remind little bit of Damir Doma's SS 2011.. ?
                moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• dope
                  • May 2011

Looks like a Damir Doma retrospect. The wrap shorts aren't exactly something you can copy subtly. Also the full length monk tunic with mid waist belt. Even the spectacles are DD W 10. This is so derivative of DD and Rick (the angled cut on the bottom of the jackets).

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Glad it's posted as well, but since Yuta works for Siki Im, this is unsolicited. I am going to lock this thread.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎