• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlassOrganelle
    • Aug 2011

Comment

• Sergey Seven
      • Sep 2010

Very impressive! I like what he is doing! and women's line looks as great as men's!

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

Not feeling the womens at all...I kind of get this 'strangling' feeling from most of the items.

I like the men's boots though.

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
          • Aug 2011

The 7th one down almost reminds me of some kind of fetish neck corset thing, but comes off looking like it's too small.

I don't find the other vests objectionable at all.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ Well the more drape types are not too bad, but still nothing so special. I could possibly be having a problem with the model/make up as well. She looks like a ghoul...and I'm sure that's the designer's intention. Total put off for me personally when it comes to women. :P

And you're right on the 7th down item. I think it comes across looking too small due to where the edges of the garment finish, which end much shorter than where they conventionally would.

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

Find myself oddly attracted to the women's, despite everything being vaugely familiar it all has that distinct Obscur look. The gloves/sleeves/gauntlets are my favorite piece.
              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

this collection reminds me more and more of julius past seasons. i liked the direction obscur went in with jacket detailing from maybe 3? seasons ago but this just seems like it's steering more and more towards julius and less from what i was coming to expect from obscur. i do like the womens as well but it's hard to see it as anything other than the mensline but all in cropped asymmetrical cuts rather than a more femme direction.

Comment

• ashamed
                  • Jan 2011

ummm

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

the womens just looks like a girl wearing a mens line... its not very feminine and it doesnt play with the female figure/proportions. but maybe that was the designers intention.

Comment

• quiet noise
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

^Obscur (and this season in particular) is pretty far away from Rick Owens if you look at the actual garments and craftmanship. It makes more sense to compare richards work with CD/Luc and some japanese stuff like _7. Merz said it all already.

from an exaggerated POV Rick is chic/street with some dark elements and obscur is like costuming for some gothic pre-industrial horror movie. Ricks stuff has that hypermodern/sci-fi edge while obscur is very timeless. Apples and Oranges, in this case both dropped in a can of black paint.
                      Last edited by quiet noise; 10-03-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Haven
                        • Oct 2011

I was both pleased and thrilled about the aw/11 since I felt obscur took a huge step from the sometimes over the top pieces from the past and has some really great more tailored stuff and was hoping for even more development and maybe an even more cohesive collection but I'm not quite sure what to think if this. The close-ups look great however and there are a few very nice pieces but maybe I was expecting more.

Comment

• Enaml
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                          obscur is very timeless.
                          No disagreement with your post, but timeless is not the word i'd choose to describe his work. I think his older work was really similar to cdiem/linea sorta stuff, but these days I'd place it much closer to julius and other similar labels. Much closer to black metal / gothic aesthetics these days, not that I'm the first to say this.
                          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

the collection was very nice, much nicer in person than the pictures suggest..........I don't know what brands to compare it to, and I wont even bother to try, but the jackets and coats were very strong, he definitive pieces of the line. I thought the pants/ bottoms needed more development

I actually have a copy of the lookbook as Richard gave it to me when we were in Pris, but I'm not good at scanning, so...............
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Haven
                              • Oct 2011

Yes leather looks great as always!

But as Zamb points out, I would also hoping for a bit more development regarding pants and also some sharper jersey. But I have very high hopes for Obscur and if they add some knits and sharper pants to the aw/12, my fiancee will probably need to lose her shoe addiction

Comment

• Haven
                                • Oct 2011

You know Jonie, I'm inclined to agree with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎