• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew
    • Sep 2009

Thimister SS2012 Paris

• andrew
    • Sep 2009

Last edited by andrew; 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• andrew
      • Sep 2009

Thank you vogue.co.uk

I like this, not as much as last season, but still good. The only thing is that it is what Damir should be doing and so in that ragard i cant decide if i see it being derivitive of Damir in a backwards way. Also that mens look at teh end of teh first post looks all together toomuch like the mens from Gareths collection a few seasons ago. Aside from that i like teh textures, i like the colours/hues and above all i like the shapes.
      Last edited by andrew; 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• andrew
        • Sep 2009

Also from vogue.co.uk

FORMER Balenciaga creative director Josephus Thimister kept to a simple palette of taupe, grey, black and brown for his collection today which could only be described as other-worldly.

With the models’ hair flattened down onto their heads by what looked like cut-up sheer and black tights and the billowing clothes, they seemed almost like ghostly spectres.

Sheer, cobwebby knits were layered with ripped silk and even hessian to create contrasts of textures, also seen in the soft/hard juxtaposition of belted leather corset belts cinching in the filmiest of dresses and shirts.

The menswear and womenswear was remarkably similar, even down to the same flat leather sandals each model wore in black, brown or white. For both the men and the women shapes were loose and draped, with silky harem trousers and collarless jackets paired with voluminous shirts and the occasional piece in black crumpled leather.

Austere and even slightly sinister, this collection doesn’t scream “summer” like others we’ve seen this season. But when it comes to providing a talking point, Josephus Thimister has certainly hit the nail on the head.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I see he's been hanging out with Damir lately...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

hey funny you said that, i was thinking i wish damir cued more in this direction, it has his fingerprint.
            Terracotta Warriors and Horses...

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

you know I echo the above sentiments but his silhouette has a much more defined waist than damirs.

and i'm not a big fan of the leather accessory styling, at least not in contrast it cheapens the look im afraid

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                and i'm not a big fan of the leather accessory styling, at least not in contrast it cheapens the look im afraid
                I think A.F. Vandevorst has executed the leather corsets more successfully in past collections. I like this collection but i'm hoping for a little more. not a fan of the headwear...

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

I must agree that a lot of the leather looks out of place but the colors and fabrics used are gorgeous. I'd love detail shots if anyone has them.
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎