• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

omg geometric shapes

seems a bit gimmicky to me
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

I don't want to live in this future.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
        • Aug 2011

I'm starting to get really irritated with Pugh. Past seasons I've been able to just accept the "fashion school student" vibe in his collections, but it's getting a bit old. It's about time his vision matured and grew a bit.

I like some of the vests, but that's about it.

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

If you x-rayed McQueens "Plato's Atlantis" you'd get the first "Caged" set. They look like skeletons-from-the-future.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

blows

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

Its as if he has gone bk to 07, his first SS Paris show and re hashed most of the looks. It does make me laugh when people are complaining about seeing the same shapes, where many of the designers talked about here do the same thing year in year out. MA+ is a prime example of this. The collection is ok, some wearable pieces in there. I have no idea wtf he was thinking with the last few looks. Reminds me of the giant almond and caramel quality street wrappers! I like to eat them, not wear the bloody things.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                It does make me laugh when people are complaining about seeing the same shapes, where many of the designers talked about here do the same thing year in year out. MA+ is a prime example of this.
                well, to be fair, I wouldn't say the two are exactly doing the same thing. Amadei like many other designers is perfectly happy with producing similar or even the same things from season to season, they are not putting together a show which I would imagine Pugh is attempting to do.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

I agree, but this is exactly it, he is putting on a show ( that old chestnut). But who is to say that Gazza is not happy with producing similar items, revisiting what he has done before etc etc etc.

In the showroom, im almost certain that the range will be huge and a lot of these ideas shall translate well, to more wearable garments.
                  Personally i would like to see how he works with the caged pieces.
                  In mant ways i quite liked the more sleek and dare i say elegant/chic pieces he had shown in the aw collection.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• gnow
                    • Jun 2010

lol wth. this is some next level shit. the see-throughs and last 2 looks are pretty hardcore stuff, even by his standards.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

i'd like to see what people think of the construction of this collection. the shapes are quite severe and interesting but from handling past collections a lot of the more severe pieces and bottoms felt cheap. yes, he is putting on a show but this collection seems like it would just need an editing eye. the severe last 2 black photos are my favorites of the collection and very much remind me of mcqueen.
                      watching the clothes move the models look like they are wrapped in lawn/pool furniture.
                      Last edited by messenoire; 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• KingJulien
                        • Oct 2011

I think a lot of the laser cut stuff looks odd on the runway but would actually be worn layered over something else, making it both wearable and sorta cool. He's becoming a bit of a one-trick pony at this point though.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎