Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Not feeling the prints at all! I love the the dresses and the cutout pieces which hark bk to the Hus of old. Why must he keep showing the same blazers season after season and then show 3 in a row in this collection. Hus, if your reading, drop the shitty prints, and shave your head again son!
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

It may be a bit "dull" approach, but I usually look at collections from the wearability point of view and I love that fact that this collection is exactly that. I'm not big fan of the florals though, but the rest I would not mind owning.

My personal favorites:

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by merz
        the scale you've cited, where simplicity and originality are on the opposite ends. how did you mean that exactly? were any of hussein's earlier efforts i can only praise more biased towards one or the other? and if not, why does this feel comparatively uninspiring?

Originality is the wrong word. Novelty would have been a better end point on this scale. And the point I'm making is that a balance is better than polarity.

My own preference in fashion is for applicability over art statement. Fine, you can have a skirt that turns into a table, but that won't ring my bell as much as a skirt that makes a girl look great.

I've tried to look at this collection in compairson with other S/S12 collections, rather than vertically with Chalayan's previous work. I find "not as good as he used to be" comments irrelevant in a seasonal discussion.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Qwerty
          • Oct 2011

It pains me immensely to agree with those who don't find the brilliance of his older collections in this line-up...yes, it's still a great collection, but for reasons unknown (commercial pressure? scheduling problems?), I don't feel as if he's poured his whole being into these...

The malaise seems to afflict quite a few of my favourites this season.

HC would be perfect for Dior, incidentally, such talent in tailoring jackets and coats in the classical tradition.

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Qwerty View Post
            HC would be perfect for Dior, incidentally, such talent in tailoring jackets and coats in the classical tradition.
            I've always thought that HC would be perfect for Chanel. Imagine what those couture collections would be like.

Thanks for posting the full video JoniF. A lot of the looks are more interesting from the back or side, so it's nice to see them in motion. Overall the collection is indeed kind of a yawn, but he does that every so often.

The choir is bloody awful!

Comment

• Qwerty
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by droogist View Post
              I've always thought that HC would be perfect for Chanel. Imagine what those couture collections would be like.
              Chanel, yes, but he'll have to pry it from KL's cold dead petits mains..or what about Hermes? The first few neutral looks in this collection remind me of how Martin Margiela used to do Hermes - surreal classics.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎