• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timberlakeld
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Umami View Post
    How lucky you are.

when I buy a lot of things in Italy, I always ask them to ship to HK where my friend lives.

Which shop did you use ?
    I dont know whether Im so lucky yet, coz before I saw your guys' replys, I asked the seller to confirm about this matter, since I dont want my friend to pay a large amount of VAT for me if it truns out the UK custom gonna charge him afterwards, and the seller said he will clear this matter up after he talks to their business consultant. ..

Comment

• Umami
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by timberlakeld View Post
      I dont know whether Im so lucky yet, coz before I saw your guys' replys, I asked the seller to confirm about this matter, since I dont want my friend to pay a large amount of VAT for me if it truns out the UK custom gonna charge him afterwards, and the seller said he will clear this matter up after he talks to their business consultant. ..

Don't worry, the chance to be changed will be very low. Anyway,
      the tax in the UK is ok The VAT now is still 17.5% while in Italy it is 20%

Comment

• timberlakeld
        • Mar 2010

is there anyone know why darklands' price for internatinal customer is still VAT inclusive? And I have been told, they can't deduct the VAT for me, even though Im not from Eur community country? Thx for helps.

Comment

• allanb
          • Apr 2009

Has anybody else had to wait a long time for packages to make their way through customs recently?

I have a package that has been sitting there for just over 3 weeks. It was sent from Sweden to NYC. The last time this happened (I waited around 2 and a half weeks) the package came from Sweden also... Strange coincidence.

Comment

• underdog
            • Aug 2009

I'm curious if anyone here has had any ordering experience with Rakuten and if so what the outcome/experience was like?! There certainly are some good finds there from time to time.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
              • Aug 2008

I just ordered some stuff from rakuten international. It's pretty simple. You order the item and the store will get back to you with the total including international shipping. You then confirm and they ship it out. For some reason their EMS seems to be a lot faster than other stores in Japan. An item I ordered shipped on Friday and it is arriving today (Monday) in the US.

Comment

• underdog
                • Aug 2009

Glad to hear about the good experience stadsvandringar; the site looks a bit rinky-dink but some of the items you can find are hard to come by...!

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                  • Aug 2008

The English version is pretty crappy, bad translations and all. The Japanese language one is a lot better actually. My girlfriend has also ordered a fair amount of stuff from rakuten and had only good experiences. They definitely have some good stuff sometimes. I recommend them.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

bear in mind that if you country has strick customs, you will probably end up paying customs charges and tax if you order directly, so using a proxy might be a good option.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                      • Aug 2008

That is true. Rakuten does declare the full value of the items you order. Depending on what you end up with and where you are, a proxy might be the better way to go. Rakuten's Japanese site actually has a much better selection than the international one as well.

Comment

• Agent L
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                        I had the same problem. The package arrived after 86 days and a lot of emails to Deutshe Post. If it hasn't changed after the weekend, I suggest you send them an email. The form is buried someone on their website.
                        86 days!!! Damn, I've been waiting for an order from Darklands as well. It's been about three weeks with the DHL and USPS sites still showing the same status. Ended up calling the post dept. of U.S. Customs and they gave me more information. Hopefully I get the package by the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• gohn
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
                          86 days!!! Damn, I've been waiting for an order from Darklands as well. It's been about three weeks with the DHL and USPS sites still showing the same status. Ended up calling the post dept. of U.S. Customs and they gave me more information. Hopefully I get the package by the end of the week. Fingers crossed.
                          I grabbed a Dior scarf from Germany which shipped by Deutsche express. Then I have a new defination of "express" which is should be nearly 2 months...

Comment

• eckblk
                            • Mar 2010

Hey Guys,

I have a package being delivered from France via Chronopost- will this package be forwarded to USPS?

Thanks,
                            E

Comment

• eckblk
                              • Mar 2010

thanks, that's what I was guessing.

Comment

• docintheory
                                • May 2008

Hey all - wondering if anyone knew how long it typically takes for a package shipped from Vienna, Austria for delivery in the states? First time I am having something shipped from there, seems to be taking lil' longer than usual (or it could be me)...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎