Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

+100 to Mr. Porter. Got a new Thom Browne jacket today and it arrived in hours. Next level customer care, awesome price, and nice delivery tactics in NYC.

Also great service from SSENSE.com recently with fast delivery and an equally good deal on a Julius grail.

Thanks to both.

Comment

• abouta6oy
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      What Lowrey said.
      whats wrong about speaking personal experience? i've been supported them back to 2010, they never refund VAT till last yr i asked. It's the only shop I need to ask to do so. If they're doing well, it won't be sold to other company

Comment

• treasurehoard
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by abouta6oy View Post
        If they're doing well, it won't be sold to other company
        I won't speak for their situation because I don't know it but its quite common for businesses that are doing well to be sold.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

historically, LN-CC's customer service has been amazingly good. having to ask for VAT deduction sounds like a very, VERY, minor thing to complain about.

but yeah, lately things seem to be running less smoothly - i guess due to the change in logistics set-up from UK to italy.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Didnt the VAT deduction process automatically when checkout? I have no problem with this is before, but not sure if the system changed though.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• delicious_not
              • Dec 2012

just had the VAT returned, you just need to contact them after placing the order.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

whats wrong about speaking personal experience?
                Ntohing wrong with sharing your experience, however saying "they've always been like this" kind of gives the impression that what you are stating is the general consensus, which it is not, hence my reply.

If they're doing well, it won't be sold to other company
                theres no logic in this, quality of service doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the business side of things.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• guardimp
                  • Jun 2010

Took a trip up to Toronto for dinner and to go shopping. Da zoo had some of the best service I've ever encountered. Great selection and extremely personable service.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Has anyone encountered any trouble with the Rick Owens online store?

I placed an order almost two weeks ago, payed by bank transfer right away and even payed extra to have it transferred quickly. Now, more than 18 days later, they still keep telling me they haven't received it as of yet, while my bank says it has been in their account at least a week by now.

It's nice that you can easily buy Rick online, but they need to figure things out there...

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                      Has anyone encountered any trouble with the Rick Owens online store?

I placed an order almost two weeks ago, payed by bank transfer right away and even payed extra to have it transferred quickly. Now, more than 18 days later, they still keep telling me they haven't received it as of yet, while my bank says it has been in their account at least a week by now.

It's nice that you can easily buy Rick online, but they need to figure things out there...
                      Yes I had this same problem. Verified by Visa wasn't working for me so I did the bank transfer option, and it took forever. The sales lady was super nice and helpful, but man that was frustrating. I get the impression that she's the only one working customer service at that. So yeah, it happens, and I can only imagine it happens a lot.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                        Yes I had this same problem. Verified by Visa wasn't working for me so I did the bank transfer option, and it took forever. The sales lady was super nice and helpful, but man that was frustrating. I get the impression that she's the only one working customer service at that. So yeah, it happens, and I can only imagine it happens a lot.
                        Thanks for your reply. I guess this happens more often with them, according to your message. I'll just wait it out.

Still I think it's not alright to wait this long on an order. I used to pay Antonioli by banktransfer before and they would have it in less than three working days and ship it out the next.

Comment

• crillefabom
                          • Jun 2012

Dont know how popular this store is around here but...

...Bought a few shirts from Orimono recently. Response was at first super-fast and helpful when asking about sizing etc. Got my shirts, one was damaged and the other one didnt fit so I got instructions how to return.

So I did but no money showed up and after numerous e-mails they finally replied, on june 12th, that they returned my money and I should have them within a few days. Still have not recieved anything and they are just ignoring e-mails (though they answered within 20 mins when a friend e-mailed with another question). Didnt know you, ethical and legally, could run business that way but I can give no other advise then to avoid and stay away from Orimono.

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by crillefabom View Post
                            Dont know how popular this store is around here but...

...Bought a few shirts from Orimono recently. Response was at first super-fast and helpful when asking about sizing etc. Got my shirts, one was damaged and the other one didnt fit so I got instructions how to return.

So I did but no money showed up and after numerous e-mails they finally replied, on june 12th, that they returned my money and I should have them within a few days. Still have not recieved anything and they are just ignoring e-mails (though they answered within 20 mins when a friend e-mailed with another question). Didnt know you, ethical and legally, could run business that way but I can give no other advise then to avoid and stay away from Orimono.
                            Orimono is one of those retailers that treat designers like shit on top of any other problems that may occur.
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Resonkuken
                              • Oct 2012

I`ve bought a couple of times from them and had no problems. Never had to return anything though. Hope it all works out and you end up getting your stuff.

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

had an horrible experience with XXX Berlin about a year ago..
                                We had a private sale for the Womens Obscur jacket before the release, my girlfriend bought it and everything went smooth, until the jacket arrived and the lining was ripped open and damaged.. they told us they can't refund any money but can do a reparation worth of 500euro ?!?! or give a gift coupon less than what we paid for the jacket, and still have to return the jacket on our own shipping cost.. so we started a PayPal Claim.. at the end they refunded us the total amount but instead of just giving a refund, they made a transaction and we received a payment minus the 4% fee.. this was horrible, so we contacted PayPal and they returned us the real amount of money. then we got an e-mail from XXX Berlin that I was banned to ever buy from their store.

I know they're just new, but this was just horrible
                                a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎