Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

sooo... i was about to place a SMALL order on ln-cc, cause i found a good deal. i haven't bought anything from them in a while, because i have not received replies to some emails i sent them about sizing etc., and frankly, there are so many other places that seem to want my business more, so why should i spend my money with someone who seems to not care anymore...

anyway, i was about to place the order, and to take advantage of the "free shipping" they were offering today. phone rang mid-order, so i was interrupted for a little while. then, when i go back to confirm the order, all of a sudden, the price has jumped a little, by like 10 euro...

i'm like "hmmm, ok that's weird.." but i still place the order. then i check again, and yes, the price of the item has gone up by 10 euro, and so have other prices on the site.

'FREE SHIPPING' MY ASS. i don't give a shit about 10 euro, but this is so pathetic... what has become of the old ln-cc with stellar customer service? are there still people in the company who care about their customers, or is it just about nickel and dime hustling now? wtf.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I find getting nickel and dimed not just disingenuous, but inconveniently insulting.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        what has become of the old ln-cc with stellar customer service?
        On LN-CC, albeit their customer service has been helpful when I contacted them, I received my stuff in the worst package possible. Like a couple of cardboard pieces taped together. Looked like I bought stuff from the back of a van.

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

i miss the detailed close up shots of the clothes. also noticed the site now drops VAT automatically at the checkout - good thing.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

Hervia, great source for Rick Owens fetish mud sloggers . Pricing is very reasonable, LIGHTENING fast shipping (1 day to the US ), and Louis was honest and sincere.

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Wonderful experience dealing with hide-m: Holger is a great person and perfect gentleman! Everything was shipped fast.

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

Fantastic experience at the archive in sf. Great looking space and super friendly staff!
                Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• resinous
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
                  Wanted to follow up on my last post about ZB. The package arrived today, no tracking was ever provided even after emailing the tracking email. Zam also never sent a message as he said he would (in the above post). Most importantly, he sent me the wrong item (coated pants instead of regular). Also, the measurements provided seem to be inaccurate and the size 48 actually fit smaller than the 46 even though the provided measurements indicated otherwise. The construction quality on the pants appeared to be very high. However, there was an issue with the fly not lining up correctly on one of the pants. Overall I am quite disappointed with the whole experience, especially after hearing such great things from all of you guys.
                  this sounds a lot like experience with zam. originally had an order for 2 pants, both of which were sent in the wrong in style and size. I understand these things happen so no prob. I covered shipping costs to return the incorrect pairs -- included descriptions and measurements of the actual pants needed with my return package to him. he did offer to reconcile the issue with offering an extra token of appreciation for my patience but never followed through on this. Again weeks and weeks went by and finally after reminding him about 5 times and basically just asking him to ship w/e he has in stock that's black sz 48 would do. He did ship a new package with same incorrect sizing/ different style/colors.. overall horrible experience. the entire experience was very exhausting. never again.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

It sounds to me like Zamb is experiencing growing pains. I know Zamb, he is a honorable man and is definitely NOT a shyster. Please give him the benefit of doubt and I believe you will agree it was worth the wait.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

rider is absolutely right, though understandably that might not make either of you feel much better if you got the wrong items or had to wait long etc. I know he has been through a ton of terrible luck recently for reasons unrelated to himself (including staff changes etc) which has probably affected his and the team's ability to handle these cases.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• resinous
                        • Apr 2012

Yes, I'm glad I at least got something. Will likely just resell and cut my losses on this one. I can appreciate the fact that the designs are great and overtime zam will gain the necessary resources to provide better service.

Comment

• DividedWay
                          • Oct 2012

Last edited by DividedWay; 09-11-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• david s
                            • Jul 2010

@Shucks : ln-cc problems I think are primarily related to the fact they were acquired by an Italian holding company.

When they were just British never had any problems. I bought an item from them, sizing was off. It cost me half the cost of the original item to ship it back for a return. And then had to wait almost a month for the return to be processed.

Told them if they want to play with the big outfits as far as an online retailer they need to step up their game.

For my money, Layers and Matches beat them hands down. I've ordered stuff that has literally arrived the following day, not even service I get from an American retailer.
                            It's absolutely Hedious!
                            shy poser

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

I have had great dealings with LN-CC, their deliver has slow down by one day since the Italians took over iv noticed..... but never a single problem, not even in busy sale periods.

Ummm kinda akward to say but had great service from darklands recently.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post

Ummm kinda akward to say but had great service from darklands recently.
                                Just try returning it.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎