Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trixer
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    Something to consider if you're buying from Hervia Bazaar...

I made a purchase there a few weeks ago....
    I'm not sure about your location but in accordance to the EU distance purchasing act (updated from June 2014), you have 7 days from delivery to cancel your purchase. As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

Here is a UK site to quote for your seller; http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ng-regulations

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

That link is is somewhat confusing as the EU seems to define the period as 14 days. However there is no indication whether or not a store can expect the goods back in that time..?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Something to consider if you're buying from Hervia Bazaar...

this to me signals lack of flexibility and understanding/respect towards a returning customer.

i haven't bought very frequently from them, and haven't had any major problems, but yes, i have gotten a similar vibe. it seems to me like they have over the recent years tried to reposition themselves higher than they used to be, in terms of their product offer and price points, but have maybe not yet realized that the customer service also needs to match that. respectful, flexible customer service is a cost of doing business in the luxury game.
        Last edited by Shucks; 11-20-2014, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Trixer
          • Mar 2014

I hasted the reply a little it seems. The EU is 14 days still but it seems it no longer applies to the UK from June 2014 and that there is a new act in place, which regulates the same issues but has another time frame (7 days). At least this is how I interpreter it.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Seems so. I wonder if transactions from the UK to another EU country fall under that or the eu directive..

But regardless, it was 6 days when I gave notice of the return, so I should be entitled to a full refund as I assume it doesn't mean that the goods actually have to reach the store within that time.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

the eu directive applies to ALL member states, including the uk. this means it must be implemented in national law, in all these states. where it has been implemented specifically in uk legislation, i don't know, but it shouldn't be so difficult to find if you look for it.

if a store refuses to follow this legislation/directive, i believe you can file a complaint to your local ECC office here.

according to the directive, you have 14 days to change your mind, and then you need to have returned the goods to the seller within another 14 days from the day you notified the seller about having changed your mind. the seller has a right to withhold reimbursement until he has received the return. reimbursement should not be in the form of a voucher, unless you the consumer specifically allow for it.

40. [...] In the case of sales contracts, the withdrawal period should expire after 14 days from the day on which the consumer or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the consumer, acquires physical possession of the goods. In addition the consumer should be able to exercise the right to withdraw before acquiring physical possession of the goods.

48. The consumer should be required to send back the goods not later than 14 days after having informed the trader about his decision to withdraw from the contract. In situations where the trader or the consumer does not fulfil the obligations relating to the exercise of the right of withdrawal, penalties provided for by national legislation in accordance with this Directive should apply as well as contract law provisions.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/consumer...general_en.pdf

Last edited by Shucks; 11-27-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Yea I was just browsing the EU directive before. and the UK one seems to be in line with this, the 7 days might be an error because the same website states the time as 14 days on another page: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ts-regulations

They also clearly state that; "This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back"

The fact that I need to start explaining these things to a store is pretty unfortunate. had they been co-operative and not total dicks about a one day delay, it wouldn't be necessary..

Comment

• jap808
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by shima View Post
                  Gotta take my hat off to Marsèll with their lifetime guarantee on all their products. Had my footwear repaired twice by them for free. Best service I've experienced.
                  Gonna take off mine, too: my boots' laces are destroied and I ask for a replacement (that I'd have pay). They responde in approx 20 minutes: will send the new laces today, at zero expense!
                  Best customer service ever

Also, hands up for PNP/Piedi Nudi nel Parco (Florence): they assist me for choosing Guidi's derbies and give me some care advice!

Comment

• Rei
                    • Oct 2011

My experience with PNP was pleasant as well. They were very helpful and patient with determining the correct shoe size as I was unsure and were flexible even with the payment. Superb service.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Rei View Post
                      My experience with PNP was pleasant as well. They were very helpful and patient with determining the correct shoe size as I was unsure and were flexible even with the payment. Superb service.
                      what does that mean?
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Yea I was just browsing the EU directive before. and the UK one seems to be in line with this, the 7 days might be an error because the same website states the time as 14 days on another page: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ts-regulations

They also clearly state that; "This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back"

The fact that I need to start explaining these things to a store is pretty unfortunate. had they been co-operative and not total dicks about a one day delay, it wouldn't be necessary..
                        I am in complete agreement, interested in seeing how you solved it.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by vegettoo
                          do they accepting offers?is that wat u mean?
                          Flexible with payment means they offer several ways to pay, no?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            I am in complete agreement, interested in seeing how you solved it.
                            They provided a full refund after I gave a thorough explanation as to why I'm eligible for it, and how ridicilous it is that I need to argue over such a matter, because 1. the delay was one day, 2. there was no delay if you consider the law, 3. the so called delay was caused by the postal service not me.

Comment

• Kali
                              • Jul 2014

IF SoHo. I love the store but every time I go in there they look at me with kind of an angry look and never greet me when I walk in. When I ask for help they are really quick about it. There are only two people who work there that I like. They always start a friendly convo with me whenever they are there.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

They provided a full refund after I gave a thorough explanation as to why I'm eligible for it, and how ridicilous it is that I need to argue over such a matter, because 1. the delay was one day, 2. there was no delay if you consider the law, 3. the so called delay was caused by the postal service not me.
                                1a. they are selling luxury-level products at luxury-level prices and should give luxury-level service.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎