Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kindersurprise
    • May 2014

Having a terrible time dealing with Sneakerboy at the moment after they sent me a pair of Ramones with pink colouring on the sole, and are telling me that this isn't a product defect, it's a natural part of the sole's coloration process. Why have I never seen pink soled Rick sneakers before?
    Last edited by kindersurprise; 12-29-2014, 12:59 AM. Reason: Images too big

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kindersurprise View Post
      Having a terrible time dealing with Sneakerboy at the moment after they sent me a pair of Ramones with pink colouring on the sole, and are telling me that this isn't a product defect, it's a natural part of the sole's coloration process. Why have I never seen pink soled Rick sneakers before?
      This was a common problem around a year ago or so. There were several sneakers with the same discoloring. However, many shops sold them anyways and blamed the factory (which there is probably some truth to). There were threads about this in the Facebook RO BST group, and IIRC several users got their money back from different stores.

To me, the sneakers are obviously defected, and I wouldn't accept anything other than a return with full refund. Good luck.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

it's a manufacturing defect and it has to do with that particular leather bleeding into the rubber. a big WHAT THE FUCK that sneakerboy are trying to bullshit you on this. i guess RO are being difficult about accepting returns from THEM but that really isn't your problem...

oh, and trust me - there is NO way to get rid of the pink from the rubber.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

I am expecting a pair of pink colored sole Ramones boots at the moment, haha. I am not offended by it since I was warned by a store beforehand (a customer service pre-purchase was superb, I am going to post more once I get them), also I consider it more or less the 'misprint'. Anyway scuffs are going to cover this pink very very soon.

Comment

• kindersurprise
            • May 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            it's a manufacturing defect and it has to do with that particular leather bleeding into the rubber. a big WHAT THE FUCK that sneakerboy are trying to bullshit you on this. i guess RO are being difficult about accepting returns from THEM but that really isn't your problem...

oh, and trust me - there is NO way to get rid of the pink from the rubber.
            Yeah they're still being difficult and haven't responded to my last email where I more or less demanded a refund, but ultimately it should be fine, consumer protection laws aren't too bad here in Australia if it gets to that.

And the pink definitely isn't coming out, though I'm not game enough to try any drastic cleaning measures with the return and refund option still on the table.

newp, unless you got them for an absolute steal I don't know how you can be excitedly awaiting pink sneakers.

Comment

• ian+
              • Dec 2011

They should have warned you about the defect prior to the purchase and let you decide whether or not to complete the transaction. What would happen if you were located in Europe or USA? Who would refund you the customs / duty charges? Ugly tactic.
              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

A few weeks ago I ordered some Geos from Trés Bien and I´m more than satisfied. The delivery was fast and when I asked them why I had to pay for shipping even though it´s free over 350€ I got an apology in my inbox along with the shipping cost back on my PayPal account the next morning.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by kindersurprise View Post
                  newp, unless you got them for an absolute steal I don't know how you can be excitedly awaiting pink sneakers.
                  Well the only pink thing is a sole and it is going to be covered by scuffs soon. Till then I treat is as a misprint failure mark. Why don't I wear one :)

Comment

• finite-
                    • Dec 2014

nike customer service is amazing. dropped them a message to ask them if there are any plans to restock trainerendor size 9 and i got this ;o

Comment

• BodyDouble
                      • Jan 2014

Very disappointed with LNCC at the moment. I've probably made about 10 orders in the last 6 months and everything has been delivered just fine, but the returns are such a pain that I've tried not to deal with it until a month ago.
                      I have a return that has been held by the Italian post office because the Italian warehouse won't accept any items. It's been well over a month now. LNCC Customer Service has been fine to deal with but they don't seem to have much communication with the warehouse. They said they would have the refund sorted out before the holiday and after no response I've sent a couple more emails and they have not gotten back to me. Anyone else having similar problems?

It's a shame because there are a few things I want from LNCC and I really liked them before but I can't bring myself to order anything else from them.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by finite- View Post
                        nike customer service
                        you seem to wilfully misunderstand what stylezeitgeist is about. do you really think anyone here gives shit about nike's customer service? i thought that you would be more careful in posting junk since u were given fair warning by faust already. i'm betting you won't be around for long.

Originally posted by newp View Post
                        Well the only pink thing is a sole and it is going to be covered by scuffs soon. Till then I treat is as a misprint failure mark. Why don't I wear one :)
                        friend, trust me, dirt/scuffs will only bring out the pink even more - i am speaking from experience. u are making a mistake.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

friend, trust me, dirt/scuffs will only bring out the pink even more - i am speaking from experience. u are making a mistake.
                          shucks is right, that pink is there to stay, it's basically fused into the rubber.

next week on DIY thread "hey guys I used white-out on my shoes to repair the pinkness..."
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

RO Miami still had plenty of the pink soled sneakers available if anyone wants a pair..

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              RO Miami still had plenty of the pink soled sneakers available if anyone wants a pair..
                              #partofthedesign #artisanalproduction #allimperfectionsciherenttohandmadeprocess
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

this is obviously a collectors item now....right? like that upside down airplane stamp? right...?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎