Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    friend, trust me, dirt/scuffs will only bring out the pink even more - i am speaking from experience. u are making a mistake.
    Haha, well shit too late for me anyway. How come dye transfer from leather to rubber will be seen under scuffs — this is what I am going to learn the hard way I guess.

About the collectors items: yeah, misprinted stamps/collectable cards like M:tG etc. make tenfold or even more of its price. However, pink sneakers are pink sneakers.

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

To add to the pink sneaker discussion. When I was in Miami in September, I was in the Rick store and every pair of Geo's and Ramones had that weird pink streak on the soles. I couldn't believe a store that only sells Rick Owens was selling only defective shoes.

Comment

• blackswan
        • Feb 2011

i get the idea that most of the people here seem to take care a lot of their rick rubber soles while they are made to get easily dirty that even after the second wear you won't be able to see small factory defects.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

your idea is wrong. like i said already - this pink stain is very visible even when the sneakers are super dirty. maybe you shouldn't express an opinion about things you know nothing about?

Comment

• blackswan
            • Feb 2011

i've seen the defect irl ,it's hard to see it after wear .There are worse defects on drkshdw soles ,like black deep stains ,not in surface,impossible to remove.Maybe,you better not be so offensive

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by blackswan View Post
              i've seen the defect irl ,it's hard to see it after wear .There are worst defects on drkshdw soles ,like black deep stains ,not in surface,impossible to remove.Maybe,you better not be so offensive
              ok u obviously don't know shit about this. i OWN a pair with this pink problem. it CAN'T be removed, it is NOT only on the surface and it IS visible no matter how dirty they get.
              Last edited by Shucks; 12-30-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• nvsnli
                • Mar 2013

Damn, people feel some type of way in this thread.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                  • Jan 2014

Well, its not like this is Shuck's first pair of Rick and he's excited regardless of pink sole or not. It's a pretty messed up situation, especially if neither retailers or Rick will remedy the problem and offer a replacement. I'd be pissed too.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                    Well, its not like this is Shuck's first pair of Rick and he's excited regardless of pink sole or not. It's a pretty messed up situation, especially if neither retailers or Rick will remedy the problem and offer a replacement. I'd be pissed too.
                    Not a first pair for me as well, I just don't care about it this much. If this pink will annoy me all I have to do is to stomp really hard into a puddle of white paint.

Comment

• UnderDictation
                      • Jun 2014

I have no idea if it actually prevented the pink sole on my pair but I've been using cedar shoetrees in SS2014 Geos and haven't had the pink sole issue at all. There has been some dye transferal onto the shoetrees themselves too.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Haven't seen so much debate about pink since the Berlin wall came down.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

remember when everyone bitched about the staples on the "og" dunks?

supposedly they will be using a new compound for the soles in combination with new leathers (lots of horse) for fw15 which should remedy the matter once and for all.

i'm pretty ocd about my footwear and find the dye transfer to be a bit of a nuisance but once the soles get artfully dirty the effect recedes if not adds character.

Sink the pink, it's all the fashion
                          Drink the drink, it's old fashioned
                          Gimme water, gimme wine
                          Gonna show you, a good time
                          Sink the pink, sink the pink, sink the pink

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

Embrace that shit...it matches the SS15 Women's leathers! 😂
                            Originally posted by hausofblaq
                            Grow up.

Comment

• gavroche88
                              • Jun 2010

Another vote of confidence for PNP. Received perfect advice on sizing for a pair of Layer-0 boots, and the boots went from Italy to my doorstep in the US in under three days. A great store.

Comment

• derpington
                                • Oct 2009

I had an excellent experience with Project 3.14. They answered all questions thoroughly and exceptionally quickly (even with the drastic time difference), and they shipped from Moscow to the US in three business days with no customs due. Fantastic service all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎