Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zazaxxx
    • Oct 2012

does anyone know Darkland helping avoid duty shipping to other countries or not?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zazaxxx View Post
      does anyone know Darkland helping avoid duty shipping to other countries or not?
      Not only you are asking an idiotic question, but you are implying that you have not read this thread, even this very page. Have you seen how many problems people have had with that store? Why do you want to shop there?

Really, there is a sucker born every minute and Darklands are the new Barnum & Bailey circus that takes their money.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Resonkuken
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
        +1

Ordered a pair of Bamba's online and Lorien was wonderful to deal with. Getting my money ready again for another item.
        I dealt with Lorien as well and he was great. Also seeing what my next purchase is gonna be.

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by zazaxxx View Post
          They don't, I asked from the 1st (and last) time I ordered from them.

Comment

• GucciAmen
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
            I dealt with Lorien as well and he was great. Also seeing what my next purchase is gonna be.
            +1 on Lorien, very kind and helpful. Got a knpull4 off of her just the other day! Can't wait to stop by the flagship this summer..

Comment

• Tiranis
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by amandaluuuuu View Post
              So far, the worst shopping experience I've had is with Serpentine in Toronto. There have been millions of complaints about its service but it's still out of imagination when I actually experienced it myself.
              This is literally the first complaint about Serpentine in this thread.

Comment

• Lex1017
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
                This is literally the first complaint about Serpentine in this thread.
                Ya, those dudes are a little intimidating but are actually the nicest people. I haven't had anything but good experiences dealing with the owners.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                  Ya, those dudes are a little intimidating but are actually the nicest people. I haven't had anything but good experiences dealing with the owners.
                  i've only ever heard one negative experience from an old acquaintance from my MTL days, and it was questionable whether he was even being honest...
                  —
                  -

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I have not heard anything bad either, and they seem like the sweetest people when we run into each other in Paris.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Don't have time to tell all the juicy details with pictures this time, but I wanted to get this out since sale season is looming.

Hervia is acting so shady. They sent me a pair of mismatched Geobaskets, one shoe was current while the other shoe was from Plinth, and they were just slightly different tones. They said to send them back and they would pay shipping. Over a month of email exchanges, phone calls, 2 promised and unfulfilled refunds, and a PayPal dispute, where they lied about not having received the return or a tracking number (delivery was successful weeks ago). Now they're asking me to close the PayPal dispute, saying that they can't issue the refund with it open. Haha, nope. Hervia can resolve that shit in the PayPal resolution center, I ain't closing shit and escalating to PayPal if I have to.

And yes, I was very civil this time, in case anyone was wondering.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Kuat
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by david s View Post
                        darklands should be avoided at all costs, they're shady assholes

there have been tales of epically bad behavior... my own included

but they still manage to stay in business, maybe the majority of their customer base is masochistic?

go figure
                        Couldn't have said it better myself. Campbell McDougall from DarklandsBerlin.com is a huge ego-maniacal asshole that treats his customers like dirt.

For me the very first order from him turned to be a disaster:
                        http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15795 (like most stories told here, he took my money for a month and wouldn't ship the order. No answer to emails or calls whatsoever).

After I made that thread he got so butthurt that he "banned" me from shopping at his store. After 4 years I found an item at his store that was sold out everywhere else, so I asked my friend to buy it for me.

Long story short, he sent the wrong item. I asked him to exchange it to the correct item, at this point he found out that it really was bought for me, and since i'm "banned" this asshole refused to make the exchange. So basically i'm fucked out of 1200 EUR.

When I told to him that it's not a very good way to treat customers like that, he said that he gets enough customers as it is and that he doesn't care about SZ. Funny, because he had asked me to delete my original thread and post good stuff about him here, and that he would "consider" unbanning me from his store after a 1 year probation.

Pretty un-fucking-believable this guy is, huh?

P.S.
                        I tried to work things out with him and get back on track because i don't really like fighting and old grudges. I apologized and asked if he would put it to rest. He demanded that I delete my SZ thread and post good stuff about him:

And then he blackmailed me that if I didn't do as he wished, he would "tell" on me to Marco from PNP, who is an awesome guy and with whom I had a great shopping experience for years.

Last edited by Kuat; 05-31-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

What a drama queen. If I was you I ’d just stop dealing with him personally and sue him/Darklands. Some people need to learn the hard way.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

This is incredible.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jap808
                              • Dec 2012

"Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum" ;)

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

He may just as well ask Poell to put a micro-bomb next time when you buy a pair of CCP boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎