Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r3dbarr0n1
    • Jul 2015

Wow... That is just un-fucking believable! What's odd for me reading these back to back bad experiences with darklands is the 5 or so times I've purchased from them has always turned out to be a pretty good expirience.

I think the reason why they continue to stay in business is because they do have a very good selection of BBS CCP ect. So it's natural for people wanting more interesting pieces that most other stores do not order to purchase at darklands. I find that darklands has certain pieces when it comes to BBS that even BBSNY does not carry. Pieces like the P4 (which no other store beside SUUS and I think INK carries) and certain tops as well as some outerwear and leather jackets. People get caught up in a piece they really like that may be only available at darklands or sold out everywhere else and forces them to purchase there.
    Last edited by r3dbarr0n1; 05-31-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but isn't he committing a crime right now?
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• blackswan
        • Feb 2011

Not a punch neither legal actions in my opinion.They should stop selling online ,they're incapable of doing online sales ,they're acting like kids,like scammers,like persons without any education.I suppose some members of the SZ community have access to showrooms and talk to the designers .Don't they know (designers,showroom employees) about these situations ?How on earth they allow this store selling their clothes with such a bad reputation?I mean everyone's knowing each other on this community.Darklands is representing their brands ,isn't it ?Designers should at least take some action ,maybe like allowing only instore sales.Just saying...
        Last edited by blackswan; 05-31-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Darklands is a huge account and none of the designers he works with would want to lose that guaranteed buy twice a year - it's just too valuable to them.

The real issue is that people keep buying from him, only people with the power here are us / the consumer.
          —
          -

Comment

• Kuat
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
            Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but isn't he committing a crime right now?
            I have no way to make a claim because the money were sent not through PayPal but by wire transfer. Otherwise i'd open a PayPal dispute. But now it's pretty hard to prove anything.

Also, get a load of this: he says he doesnt give a shit about SZ, but in the email he said that my thread had cost him 100,000 Euros in damages.

Last edited by Kuat; 05-31-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Not to excuse Campbell in any way, but when you wrote asking me to unban you because time has passed and you realized you were immature before and would now contribute to the forum constructively, I did not realize that all you wanted to do is vent your frustration about Darklands. Unfortunately, as a proprietor of a private shop Campbell has the right to refuse service to anyone. You fucked up, too - no one asked you to step into the same pile of shit twice. You have made your case here, and now I hope you will contribute to other parts of the forum, like you said you would.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
                • Jul 2010

been buying from a couple of japanese stores

fascinate ... beyond awesome customer service, and always ships in three days

ostia japan , they sell only their own brand and may not be on SZ-brand,but some cool f'ing shirts

and to kick the darklands horse once more : @kuat, seriously while would you ever give money to that store after your first experience, caveat emptor dude... this time you were fully aware of what an outcome could be
                It's absolutely Hedious!
                shy poser

Comment

• Rei
                  • Oct 2011

It's pretty funny that he talks about trust and blames others for doing something to his business. I'm amazed how it ever got as big as it is now if the service was always this horrendous. Or was it different in the early days?

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

Had some great experiences with shops lately...

BBSNY: Lorien is a pleasure to deal with, shipped very quickly and very knowledgeable.

Vertice London: Filomena also great to buy from, ships very quickly -- did feel like I was pulling teeth trying to get info on a pair of pants though...

Serie-Noire: The best store experience I have had as of yet, Sacha Axer responds quickly, very helpful and kind, whilst shipping very quickly as well. Highly recommend!

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

What exactly does Campbell expect to "earn his trust" back?
                      Flowers and Chocolates?

Comment

• boodude
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                        I know that the words "nice" and "Darklands" does not come together often in here, but I just come back from beloved Berlin and want to share a positive in-shop experience

So, if someone's planning to go shopping in Berlin, I'd suggest to go in-store. I'll surely do, if I return to B
                        Thats spells out my experiance with DL exactly - Spent 4-5 hours trying anything I wanted and bought two grails that could not be found anywhere else. I second that DL is best experienced in person. Dealt with Condrad with no issues. The draw for me is the insanely huge selection. Going back this summer..

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by david s View Post
                          been buying from a couple of japanese stores

fascinate ... beyond awesome customer service, and always ships in three days
                          Agreed on Fascinate! It's is a fantastic store with very unique items. I love their DEVOA stock, wich is the best than everywhere else. If you are a regular customer, they set you up with a private page with sales and pre-sales of exclusive items that are not available anywhere else. They also helped me get an amazing custom order from Devoa (i was pretty sure it coulnd't be done due to complexity if the item, but they really delivered). Big shout out to Benjamin.

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                          Serie-Noire: The best store experience I have had as of yet, Sacha Axer responds quickly, very helpful and kind, whilst shipping very quickly as well. Highly recommend!
                          Another great store. Sacha is a sweetie and delivers above and beyond customer service. Last time i got some free perfume testers

TheArchive is another one of my favorite. Good selection, fast shipping, and Arthur is very helpfull in all ways. Sometimes offering you a sale on an item you are interested in or arranging a free shipping.
                          Last edited by Kuat; 06-03-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Tiranis
                            • Feb 2007

Seriously, this has been covered so many times on here. The store is doing you a huge favour and putting themselves at risk, don't go blabbing about it to everyone.

Comment

• Kuat
                              • Nov 2012

I got the impression that the US stores don't really care about marking down the value. In my experince only EU stores are very strict about it.

Sometimes I order from EU stores to a US dropship warehouse, who mark down the price and send it back to me in EU. It's really worth the extra trouble cause you save a lot, especially on expensive items.

Here, if the package is valued more than 150 EUR you have to pay 40% in customs tax. Which is a total pain in the ass.

Comment

• Tiranis
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                                I got the impression that the US stores don't really care about marking down the value.
                                They might be willing to do it but you shouldn't take it for granted. It's a risk, speaking as a business owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎