Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuddly
    • Sep 2007

my dilemma too, i like the weight and the styles, but finding the right size on kuboraum is harder than i thought. I need to check the other styles.Havent tried A1 yet, i like that model hope it works.

Originally posted by gregor View Post
    gave up finding a pair of kubos that looked good on me (beautiful but intimidating), and settled on a pair of mykita scarletts. hope they're not too flimsy, i like the weight of kubos.

Comment

• cuddly
      • Sep 2007

Yeah, i think i need to try on some of the other styles that i wouldn't think of putting on otherwise. you'll never know, it might just work.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Try the round metal ones that I got. It is extremely difficult for me to find the right sunglasses for my face and I am very surprised that this seemingly difficult style was simply perfect.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

the A1 and B1 models are more conventional in terms of style and proportion.

Comment

• awilliamb
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by The Spectacled Bear View Post
          Has anyone handled Blyszak Sunglasses?

One style, 3 different material variations:

"A SINGLE EYEWEAR DESIGN THAT MIXES COATED GRADE-A-STEEL, ETHICALLY-SOURCED ASIATIC WATER BUFFALO AND NIGERIAN OXEN HORN BY-PRODUCT. COLLECTION I COMPRISES THREE VARIATIONS ON ONE STYLE: METAL, METAL/HORN AND HORN."
          THESE HAVE A GREAT WEIGHT AND ARE INCREDIBLY WELL DESIGNED. GOOD TOO FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

Comment

• cuddly
            • Sep 2007

ordered kuboraum a2 online on a whim.got it, fits perfect =)

Comment

• Blacknight
              • May 2013

Finally picked up a pair of Ziggy Chen X Rigards glasses from the Ziggy store here in Beijng. Great build, and nice finish. I really like the use of horn.

Comment

• mononon
                • Sep 2009

^^nice!!

i'm in the market for light sunglasses - i recently picked up a new pair of mykitas (dash model) and have been eyeing the dior composit 1.0s - anybody own the dior's / have other recs?

thanks!!
                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                  • Jun 2011

Are you looking for sunglasses or ophthalmic? Take a look at MYKITA and their collabs (Margiela & Damir Doma) light weight and great design
                  -v_o_t
                  sale items

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                    Are you looking for sunglasses or ophthalmic? Take a look at MYKITA and their collabs (Margiela & Damir Doma) light weight and great design and H&M quality
                    Fixed
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Samoklet
                      I can't choose glasses. All that I looked, disliked on a design, comfort.
                      What brands in a fashion now? What glasses do you have?
                      Share your ideas on this occasion.
                      Best glasses/sunglasses at the moment brand is Rigards hands down. Kuboraum is great as well. I am interested in any eyewear produced by Taichi Murakami but it not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                        • Oct 2014

My wife gave me some eye glasses from a brand I had never heard of before called Vava a few months ago. Really well built, comfortable, and I quite like the design. Really nice weight, and the hinges have the perfect amount of ''spring'' to them. I tried a lot of Kuboraum and Rigards frames that, while I loved, didn't fit my unfortunately odd shaped face but I love these:

http://vavaeyewear.com/collection/wl0008/

Also some nice sunglass frames.

Comment

• Thirteen
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
                          My wife gave me some eye glasses from a brand I had never heard of before called Vava a few months ago. Really well built, comfortable, and I quite like the design. Really nice weight, and the hinges have the perfect amount of ''spring'' to them. I tried a lot of Kuboraum and Rigards frames that, while I loved, didn't fit my unfortunately odd shaped face but I love these:

http://vavaeyewear.com/collection/wl0008/

Also some nice sunglass frames.
                          I think Vava is getting more stockists now than a year ago. I've seen a few online places I frequent started carrying them. But the name still gets me.

Comment

• applecrisp
                            • Jun 2013

Does anyone know of a decent source for vintage/antique horn frames?

I'm sure there must be a collector/dealer out there somewhere... Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

I’ve handled some Kuboraums for the first time this yesterday and tbh I gotta admit they were not as substantial as I thought they’d be judging from the pics. I mean some of them looked real nice, but I expected them to be a bit heavier and one model with a scratched in pattern looked like a DIY project. Am I the only one who thinks that way?
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Blackman
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                I’ve handled some Kuboraums for the first time this yesterday and tbh I gotta admit they were not as substantial as I thought they’d be judging from the pics. I mean some of them looked real nice, but I expected them to be a bit heavier and one model with a scratched in pattern looked like a DIY project. Am I the only one who thinks that way?
                                I like how you described them as substantial, and was wondering the same thing. It might be weird to want weighty glasses but want some big framed glasses, maybe linda farrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎