X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

Question; Do all the Saks carry Jil Sander?

I'm desperately looking for some of the black round toe lace up shoes. Is NY the only Saks that would have these?

Also, I'm assuming the Jil Sander NY store isn't on sale yet? Any news as to when this might be?
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

yeah... mike.. I mean the CDG store.. I didn't know that Saks carry CDG...

Comment

• ahk1979
        • Mar 2007

I was at Holt Renfrew in Toronto today and they had pretty much everything on sale. They are a little low on stock, but had some good RO/DRKS, MMM and RS pieces. I may go back for the faux MMM peacoat with the shawl collar. If anyone wants to know in more detail what they had, just ask.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]yeah... mike.. I mean the CDG store.. I didn't know that Saks carry CDG...[/quote]

Yup, was there today. They have Junya, Homme Plus, Home Plus Evergreen, and Shirt.

I got a cardigan in size small from Homme Plus.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="ahk1979"]I was at Holt Renfrew in Toronto today and they had pretty much everything on sale. They are a little low on stock, but had some good RO/DRKS, MMM and RS pieces. I may go back for the faux MMM peacoat with the shawl collar. If anyone wants to know in more detail what they had, just ask.[/quote]

That's a lovely peacoat - I approve.

ion - CDG usually starts a little later (maybe another two weeks), at 30% off, then going to 50% off.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Thanks Faust... I promise I won't fight over with you on the wool military coat... (I think we are different sizes anyway)... I am thinking about the cotton or leather one. Although I am looking at the leather one and thinking the leather looks 'CHEAP' for its price. Cotton seemed more structured.

So... sounds like most of the stuff is very picked over at 30 and 40% off.. I was hoping to get a bunch of stuff at 50-60% by holding out.. I guess I am out of luck.. [:(]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

They don't have that coat :-( Yes, I agree - despite increasing prices people are not waiting for further markdowns. Too much money in this world.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

ion - CDG usually starts a little later (maybe another two weeks), at 30% off, then going to 50% off.

[/quote]

Does IF also start at 30%, do you remember?

I want to buy a couple of gifts there and I was hoping for 40%....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ionn26
                    • Feb 2007

Yeah.. and that always puzzles me that where are people getting all these money... or people just dont have savings? I would have thought that the subprime issue that are hitting at least the investment bankers pocket(which I suspect are buying up the luxury stuff) but from the look of things, they seems to have cashed out before all the crisis.

I am very alarmed that the designers are charging crazy amount these days.. just browsing on saks and Neiman... lots of jackets are now 3k-5k range... makes me think CCP is 'reasonable' and that the leather jacket costing 1k seem CHEAP... *Sigh.. I miss the good old days

Comment

• boxma
                      • Feb 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]

Yeah.. and that always puzzles me that where are people getting all these money... or people just dont have savings? I would have thought that the subprime issue that are hitting at least the investment bankers pocket(which I suspect are buying up the luxury stuff) but from the look of things, they seems to have cashed out before all the crisis.

I am very alarmed that the designers are charging crazy amount these days.. just browsing on saks and Neiman... lots of jackets are now 3k-5k range... makes me think CCP is 'reasonable' and that the leather jacket costing 1k seem CHEAP... *Sigh.. I miss the good old days

[/quote]

trust me, the retailers mark up a lot. A Undercover leather jacket is selling 84,000 yen, i.e about us$800, in tokyo but is selling HK$9000+ in Joyce or us$1600. 84,000 yen is the original price, which means it may already include 300 - 400% markup.

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

[quote user="boxma"][quote user="ionn26"]

[/quote]

trust me, the retailers mark up a lot. A Undercover leather jacket is selling 84,000 yen, i.e about us$800, in tokyo but is selling HK$9000+ in Joyce or us$1600. 84,000 yen is the original price, which means it may already include 300 - 400% markup.

[/quote]

Boxma.. thats exactly my point... that whats up with the prices being marked up so high and people are still buying it like there is no tomorrow. I think your example of Joyce is very valid. Thats also true for any of the retailers in HK. HK is no longer cheap to get stuff anymore. I even found Julius in HK and they are marked even higher priced than Japan(EEEK, as if the price for Japan is not high already, we know that Japan are know to mark up extremely high). I think also alot of China's new found wealth are making HK retailers shamelessly pricing it so high. Just look at their ever expansion into different Chinese department stores... I will only buy now in HK for rare items

The other case that I am making is primarily in USA... that I usually find it cheaper to buy in USA but not anymore also. Again, due to the high mark up and that many of the items either never made it to the sale or is been picked over at 30% off only. What you see is even more chronic when only a handful of retailers carried brands SZ are always raving about such as CCP and MA etc... that only a few of them carry these designers and each individual stores carried different items. So there is no way for you to do price comparison on them.. and you sometimes just have to bite the bullet and buy it full price and also very high.. since it is only a few pieces were made... thats what I am complaining about. On top of also the mass-produced pieces like D&G, Gucci, even their prices are all inflated these days...

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]Boxma.. thats exactly my point... that whats up with the prices being marked up so high and people are still buying it like there is no tomorrow. I think your example of Joyce is very valid. Thats also true for any of the retailers in HK. HK is no longer cheap to get stuff anymore. I even found Julius in HK and they are marked even higher priced than Japan(EEEK, as if the price for Japan is not high already, we know that Japan are know to mark up extremely high). I think also alot of China's new found wealth are making HK retailers shamelessly pricing it so high. Just look at their ever expansion into different Chinese department stores... I will only buy now in HK for rare items

The other case that I am making is primarily in USA... that I usually find it cheaper to buy in USA but not anymore also. Again, due to the high mark up and that many of the items either never made it to the sale or is been picked over at 30% off only. What you see is even more chronic when only a handful of retailers carried brands SZ are always raving about such as CCP and MA etc... that only a few of them carry these designers and each individual stores carried different items. So there is no way for you to do price comparison on them.. and you sometimes just have to bite the bullet and buy it full price and also very high.. since it is only a few pieces were made... thats what I am complaining about. On top of also the mass-produced pieces like D&G, Gucci, even their prices are all inflated these days...

[/quote]

You can blame the sad state of the dollar for the current rising prices inside the US. The importing fees quickly begin adding up if you are in country A making a garment out of materials from country B and C. The person from country A is having to pay to get those materials to them which add to the price of the final garment. Then all of that comes into the US and the retailers have to pay for not only the garment, but also the importing fees to bring it into the US as well as shipping charges. If that, the garment and shipping prices mainly, gets paid in euros, these days it is becoming very costly.

It sucks but it seems like that is how it's going to be for a while..

I don't know about Undercover specifically, but a lot of these smaller Japanese brands don't do true wholesale for overseas sales, either, but a smaller discount if you are buying stuff in bulk.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

12/1?12/7
                            You can easily spend a months rent in the Balenciaga store, but for one week cut back on the financial bloodshed and save 40 percent at the sale. 542 W. 22nd St., nr. Tenth Ave. (212-206-0872); 12/1?12/7
                            (11?7).
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Burberry Prorsum on sale?
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Burberry Prorsum on sale?[/quote] It could be in Barneys.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎