• Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="theRenaissance"]

What do you guys think?

[/quote]

Ugh. No. The backs are alright as long as the creases line up with your knees, but the fronts are hideous. Specifically the front thighs looked like they were the product of a retarded kid (I know that's tasteless, sorry).

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

If Beckham could get into a pair of skinnies then these would be them. A bit too prps for my liking

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

This is VERY interesting :)

As we move further and further away from the old school Hedi DH, you can see how that look is getting less popular with some. I still love those jeans though. THE jeans that launched a multimultimillion dollar look adopted by just about all menswear brands.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Re: Yes or No?

i'm not up on my dh denim history. from what season are the jeans pictured? how much do they go for?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

This is VERY interesting :)

As we move further and further away from the old school Hedi DH, you can see how that look is getting less popular with some. I still love those jeans though. THE jeans that launched a multimultimillion dollar look adopted by just about all menswear brands.

[/quote]

Exactly. Might as well own the original.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]i'm not up on my dh denim history. from what season are the jeans pictured? how much do they go for?
              [/quote]

If I had to guess, I'd say these are from Luster and would go for $450-550?. Albert would now better - he is the true old skool DH ballar.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theRenaissance
                • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="xadam"]i'm not up on my dh denim history. from what season are the jeans pictured? how much do they go for?
                [/quote]

If I had to guess, I'd say these are from Luster and would go for $450-550?. Albert would now better - he is the true old skool DH ballar.

[/quote]

Yup there are from Luster. Its pretty hard to get them for 5 bills nowadays. The seller wants 800, damn! [:'(]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Yeah since they're waxed they'll get a couple hundred more than the regulars... which Faust is right, around $400-500 if they're mint.

They look a billion times better when worn as all the wrinkles and creasing around the crotch area match and function as they were baked on while put on a seated mannequin.

edit: haha no less of an old school baller with DH than you Faust! I bought that removable sleeve Luster jacket from you all those years ago!!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

How do you guys feel about KVA releasing coated jeans every season now? I grabbed a pair of shiny blue Diors from F/W 07 because I thought, "holy shit here's my chance to get some luster jeans!" But now they're coming out every season. There's a black pair of LVR right now that looks just like those, maybe they'll be cheaper than an original luster pair too?

music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Jeebus, $800... that's a lot for a pair of jeans... unless Hedi was sitting with a bucker of lacquer and a brush covering these themselves... then it's art... sort of...

casem, I feel about that like I feel about anything else KvA produces - it doesn't register on my radar.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
                        • Feb 2007

The sneakers on the bottom - yes or no.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^ really?

That would be a hell no.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                            • Sep 2006

Agree, the shape is not bad, but the print is simply awful, reminds me of a bob ross painting [N]

Comment

• Avantster
                              ¤¤¤
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"]

The sneakers on the bottom - yes or no.[/quote]

hell yes (10)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

not really yes or no, but this or that.....

I don't own a pair of "pointy toes"....so either these or another pair of "round toe" workboot style like from guidi or augusta. (with laces)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎