X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Re: Yes or No?

thanks for clearing that up croatoan, I'll probably go for the heavier 30/- version. hopefully the LM webstore discounts it's S/S stock soon, otherwise I'll just keep an eye on Y! (there is a size 44 at 30% off available atm).

cheers!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"]I don't think they're ironically ugly, just naive (which I like, plus, wolves are awesome).

I like these sneakers for the same reason I liked that leather/nylon patchwork windbreaker that Margiela came out with last year (that I wish I had bought, but didn't, because I knew I'd never wear it). I might actually wear the sneakers. They're $545, though, which I don't know if I can stomach.[/quote]

Hmmm, naive? Margiela? Somehow those two words don't mix in my mind by any stretch of imagination.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

DJI, you should also check out the CDG H+ trenches. They are light as a feather, completely unlined. I absolutely love mine - the red stitching on the buttonholes give a perfect quirky touch, and the detailed work on the collar is amazing. The shorter version's sleeves might be too short for you though. Here is the pick of the longer version (no red stitching)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Here is the runway picture, I am talking about the middle layer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i can't see the middle layer as there's way too much facial vaseline pressing up against my eyes
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i like my luc trench.
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i can't see the middle layer as there's way too much facial vaseline pressing up against my eyes[/quote]

then stop kissing the model.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

wow, the sleeves are crazy short on that CDG H+ trench. not really interested in the full length trench, I'm looking for something around mid thigh length and black (bought a beige trench once but the colour just doesn't work for me).

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="dji"]wow, the sleeves are crazy short on that CDG H+ trench. not really interested in the full length trench, I'm looking for something around mid thigh length and black (bought a beige trench once but the colour just doesn't work for me).
                    [/quote]

what's your size?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                      • Dec 2006

okay, we know both boots well i'm sure, a had my size in both. pulling the trigger on only one.

we also know the augustas are priced much more...but this or that?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

i love the guidis, but be warned they are slim as hell, you may not be able to fit you calf into them.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

both are nice, but it might depend on your current shoe collection? the white augustas are really nice, but less versatile than the guidis imo.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                            • Dec 2006

the augustas are sweet. im usually a carpe diem man, so i am really looking for a carpe diem style boot in black.....

but the white augustas i keep going back to because they are so damn cool. BUT i a) might not be able to pull off white boots or b) will for sure be able to pull them off well.....it's one of those things.

and as far as the guidi sizing, i am usually a 44 so i plan to order a 45...hope those aren't too tight...(that is if i decide to go the guidi route)

oh....i am hoping to do a little "roll-down" where the calf is and tie some laces around the back to keep it in place.

another thing is if i go the augusta route, i won't be wearing them much, really for "special occasions"...i usually wear my chucks and try to wear my boots as little as possible.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

hmm, if you're not sure whether you can pull off the white augusta boots, i would suggest you shy away from them. it'll be a costly mistake if you do decide that they're not for you.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

i thought about it like this, people wear white shoes, can white boots REALLY be that different? still on the fence though because well, they ARE white boots.....

which by the by....augusta doesnt have a website do they?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎