X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

I think if you know that person well enough and know she can pull it off with no problem...then definitely a YES. It's very sexy and feminie. Is it linen/cotton? looks great in summer.

Any wind would go straight through, and you'd have to cinch it fairly tight if you wanted to avoid it. The back could also easily get pushed aside in the wrong way from taking on/off a jacket or cardigan.

That would be very sexy (not in a perver way) don't you think?

this reminds me of this lady taken by the Sart....

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the thoughts Buckwheat, it's for the gf and the shirt is 100% cotton. Great photo, too!

I do agree, as an observer, it's quite alluring - but for the wearer, I'm just not sure if it would be comfortable.. perhaps I should ask a woman. [66]

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• asho
        • Nov 2007

thanks for the encouragement guys, it's great to know the potential exists.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

asho - a.yes. b.would have to see it in person

staton - no on the butz, it's far from carol's best.

secretside - I'd say no unless you like your pants loose around the hips/butt area. if you try to solve that by sizing down you'll end up with a niggling sensation that your future generations are being quashed in the name of certain belgain designer. I know, because I've tried.

OK, this, not for me, but a surprise gift.

I'm not sure about the back. It'd probably work with a tank top underneath, and it'd be pretty sexy with just a black bra. I just don't know if it'd be comfortable. Any wind would go straight through, and you'd have to cinch it fairly tight if you wanted to avoid it. The back could also easily get pushed aside in the wrong way from taking on/off a jacket or cardigan.

[/quote]

An absolute yes. These rings are rock solid - the back shouldn't move - and it will be super sexy with the open back. I wish you'd tell me earlier - there were a slew of them in Barneys for about $140 or so.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="SECRETSIDE"]

they're a Belgian 36, I've never tried on her women's pants but from what I've seen they seem to run a bit big. I'm fairly thin, about 27/28 waist (44/Ann XXS). if you can hook me up that'd be great.

[/quote]

That might be tough! I'll keep it in mind though.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

object dyed long coat. photo taken at A. (obviously)

[/quote]

Hard to say from the picture; in theory I like his long coats.

A few points I'd think about:

1) Is it shoulder pulling or is the fabric rumpled because the material. If it's the former; pass as the jacket doesn't fit you, if it's the later well that's the material and it will move like that. I assume you like that effect so that's not a problem.

2) It's not a formal coat; it's a formal coat made casual. Once again I think that's what you want so shouldn't be a problem.

3) From what I can see the collar seems to go up and hug your neck quite well in the back; check if there's space when your standing but otherwise the lapel and back of the lapel appear to be ideal for you.

4) The coat is tappered quite high and flares back quickly meaning it accentuates both the width and height of your waist. This is a feminine touch that I'm not sure I'd want. It probably works better unbutonned but a jacket has to look good in both configurations. Keep in mind the high pockets help in the overall effect.

If I was you I'd look for a similar coat by CCP (once again the lapels/collar look terrific)but with either a lower waist or less tappering. Lower pockets would also be more comfortable. Note that it might also be the picture and that some of the comments relate to my own taste.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

thanks fuuma, i loved your reply. the damage has been done. [79]
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]thanks fuuma, i loved your reply. the damage has been done. [79]
                  [/quote]

I assume the shoulder pulling (your right) was due to the fabric being wrinkled? Aside from the negative I discussed I must say you're a very good fit for Poell tailored garments.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

yeah, i think the OD process wrinkled the fabric in that area more heavily than usual. thanks for the compliment. i tried on the larger size, and "feminine" cut was still very much there. the pockets i was told are exactly in the same place as the blazers, in fact it seems that the long coat simply extends his latest hip hugging blazer cuts.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

you made the right choice in kopping. i tried it on and it's too dope. next time i see you, wear that shit.
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

Yeah and who cares how it fits. It's CCP.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Yeah and who cares how it fits. It's CCP.[/quote]

True. As a matter of fact, i think we should just send him money. he can be like Duchamp - he can just think of this stuff, he doesn't have to produce it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Yeah and who cares how it fits. It's CCP.[/quote]

True. As a matter of fact, i think we should just send him money. he can be like Duchamp - he can just think of this stuff, he doesn't have to produce it.

[/quote]

New SZ-ism: "it's CCP, it's supposed to look like that and be uncomfortable."

AKA, just sigged you [74]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• JohnFG
                              • May 2007

Black or Grey?

Need your opinion guys:

These are the KH GUIDI boots I was talking about a few days ago.

Black or Grey?

Need to take a decison tonight to order them tomorrow, before the Italians go into summer vacation :)

JF

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Re: Black or Grey?

Both look swell - I'd say that depends on your wardrobe.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎