• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: CCP vs. Augusta

Nay. It's just a sweater for a lotta loot.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I like how it looks reversed. but yea, its still fairly simple though, and definately expensive. I think AKA said its pretty nice, you might want to ask him for details on how it feels and looks in person.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• uparmoured
        • Sep 2007

CCP for sure... The toebox on those Augustas do not look very nice... But I prefer the FW0708 CCP Derby with the less contrasting stiching...
        FS: M.A+
        FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

for the shoes CCP. although the poser's are nice, but you're gonna wear them 1/10 of the time. this/that ccp season happened to have the best boots/derbys he has ever put out imho. i bought the grey derbys and probably would have bought those black ones if they didn't sell out in my size at A. the leather is lighter, softer, more supple, and sickly scarred, and they are much more comfortable than previous years. the derbys felt like trainers after one wear.

diego, if you have a need in your wardrobe for a med cash cotton sweater that feels great and is cut better than luc, i say go for it. i was trying to keep my enthusiasm for this piece at bay, but who cares now. the color is great. this will become a staple of any f/w wardrobe. classic, simple, humble (no bling in the povera here), you can wear this thing for weeks straight and not get tired of it. its like a primer for any jacket as it is super warm but not thick, so you can fit into all those tight arm holes. i wore it around the store for about 2 hours, simply did not want to take it off. its too bad the model doesn't quite rock the clothes, he looks a little awkward and corpse like, which is unfortunate because it is such a comfortable piece.

now i'm gonna have to get it. dammit. any body interested in buying a bunch of cashmere MJ sweaters on the cheap? (i know, i know, but the store's 70 percent off sales over xmas found their way under my tree a number of times.)

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Got it, thanks P. and I agree about A's model

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Well, the black Ann D trousers have worked well for me. They fit me better than any other trousers I own, seem to get more compliments, and so on. Never wouldathunkit.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

[quote user="Diego"]

CCP > Augusta

edit- Yay or nay MA+ cotton / cashmere sweater:

[/quote]

I think that sweater is a stand out in the collection.

+ second on CCP > Augusta

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]Well, the black Ann D trousers have worked well for me. They fit me better than any other trousers I own, seem to get more compliments, and so on. Never wouldathunkit.
                  [/quote]

Just remember - today is a good day to wear black. Let me know if you need more of her pants in XL.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Should I keep it? I know I won't wear it much, because it's such a showpiece, but I'd totally wear it to a party. The fabric is amazing on this bad boy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                      • Sep 2006

i say keep it...it fits you well. cant tell about the sleeves since they are rolled up but the length and fit looks very nice. would look great at a party!

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

Isn't your black Ann jacket pretty much the same? If so, this one would be redundant (and face it, you'd wear the black one more than the white one).

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"]Isn't your black Ann jacket pretty much the same? If so, this one would be redundant (and face it, you'd wear the black one more than the white one).
                          [/quote]

Nope, a very different cut, albeit from the same collection.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

It seems fits you well in the body and shoulders, length is just right. Pockets are a little high but it works well with the length. Fabric is beautiful and the contrasting buttons are nice. My only hesitation is on the sleeve length.

That aside, if you don't have another white/light jacket, keep it!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Purity
                              • Apr 2007

I would keep it. Really lovely jacket.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

It seems fits you well in the body and shoulders, length is just right. Pockets are a little high but it works well with the length. Fabric is beautiful and the contrasting buttons are nice. My only hesitation is on the sleeve length.

That aside, if you don't have another white/light jacket, keep it!

[/quote]

I love the sleeves rolled up, and that's exactly what Ms. Demeulemeester wants you to do with her jackets! Filibuster style.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎