X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Re: CCP vs. Augusta

Nice jacket Faust. I think it works better with lighter pants though (a little more volume and lighter fabric) but that's just how I would like to wear it. Not really working well with jeans imo. So depends on what you are planning to go with it.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

to be honest something about the cut and colour combination looks a bit off to me. I keep thinking that if it was a darker colour, the long cut would look better. maybe thats just me, though.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

i know you have the option of it being a 2 button! the 3 buttons kind of throw it off for me (and possibly others?) in that pic.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yea, def can do 2 buttons. :-) I need a woman's opinion in addition... or RSG. :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Re: CCP vs. Augusta

maybe a gay ones will do?

I think it looks a bit off too. Maybe its the pictures. I'd want to see you wear it with your both arms hanging along the sides. Right now it seems as if it's too high up on you. 2 buttons would prolly be a better idea.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Heirloom"]

maybe a gay ones will do?

I think it looks a bit off too. Maybe its the pictures. I'd want to see you wear it with your both arms hanging along the sides. Right now it seems as if it's too high up on you. 2 buttons would prolly be a better idea.

[/quote]

I didn't say I want womens opinion only :-).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

A test....

Faust, any idea why a lot of us are experiencing posting/pm-ing issues lately?

*edit* at least this post went up haha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

Faust, I like it. I think perhaps the photo makes it look a bit awkward.
                  Because you are holding the camera, it makes that top button sit a bit
                  off. Seeing it with both arms down would help. But I dont think the
                  pockets are too high at all. It all seems to fit quite well and
                  proportionately. I say yes. [51]
                  Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

margiela jacket, roughly $600. how practical is suede? worth it?

Comment

• Re: CCP vs. Augusta

I wouldn't imagine a jacket becoming dirtier than suede boots, and those work well, even in rain for me. just brush it regularly, and cop it, cause it kicks ass!

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Yohji vs Yohji

This is probably idle, cause I have few earth moneys, but I fell in love with the first jacket on the atelier site. However, it's doublebreasted which can be tricksy to wear. First or second?

[http]http://web.mac.com/ateliernewyork/iWeb/Site/YOHJI%20YAMAMOTO%20FW%202008_files/IMG_6690.jpg[/http]

Also, if I find a way to go all out, those grey pants in the first pic or:

I'm thinking the black ones by a mile, but it's a good look (except for the microencephalic [sp?] model)

I dunno, never thought about Yohji since the last time I bought a piece in . . . 1997? But, these just clicked.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="kunk75"]

margiela jacket, roughly $600. how practical is suede? worth it?

[/quote]

suede's main enemy is water. you may want to protect it with scotchguard and you'll need to avoid heavy rain wherever possible. speckles from light rain can usually be gotten rid of with a bristle brush.

$600 is a good price but personally I'm not a fan of that color. I also prefer the Margiela riders with the two zips but you'll have a hard time finding it at the same price.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji vs Yohji

[quote user="theetruscan"]

This is probably idle, cause I have few earth moneys, but I fell in love with the first jacket on the atelier site. However, it's doublebreasted which can be tricksy to wear. First or second?

Also, if I find a way to go all out, those grey pants in the first pic or:

I'm thinking the black ones by a mile, but it's a good look (except for the microencephalic [sp?] model)

I dunno, never thought about Yohji since the last time I bought a piece in . . . 1997? But, these just clicked.

[/quote]

The first would work well as a general purpose winter jacket, fairly traditional cut in a really great fabric and interesting wrinkled details. The second is a little more different, a strong military blazer that's been cropped with a soft subtle round shaped cutaway. Depending on your height and body proportions you may or may not like how the latter fits. Have you had a chance to try either on?

As for the pants, I would be tempted to go for the grey just for the fabric. The black pants are a great classic pant and are cut a little slimmer, but similar ones are made pretty much every season.

It's amazing just how much the styling of the pieces can make a difference. A's pics always make you want it more.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji vs Yohji

first one, etruscan - got more personality. and yea, totally not worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Avantster, totally agree with your assessment of A's styling.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JonathanStrange
                                • Aug 2008

For the money--you could find a way more exceptional cashmere sweater!! I do not think their cluthes are flattering on anyone!!
                                "Skinny like me," in 1977 she decided to go underground and live incognito among the thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎