Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

yeah now that i look at that again - that's unlike any hooded piece i've seen from doma this season.

-

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

yeah, but the question is how does it look worn
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

Yay or nay Linea prototype:

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post

well are you out to become the greatest linea collector or aren't you?
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Good morning Nod, still in the shitter?. I decided to pass on this, but yeah, maybe I will be collecting some linea.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

So, I went to Atelier for the first time. This was dangerously stupid. I ended up buying the lighter grey CCP (one buckle) belt. I'm kind of thinking I'm better served by the Attachment double layer pants made of everything (linen/silk/cashmere/cotton/metal/waffles/etc) than a crazy fancy belt. I am NOT a baller, which should I end up with. The pants flatter me well and are pretty awesome, the belt is kind of really awesome.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• awlouie
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                So, I went to Atelier for the first time. This was dangerously stupid. I ended up buying the lighter grey CCP (one buckle) belt. I'm kind of thinking I'm better served by the Attachment double layer pants made of everything (linen/silk/cashmere/cotton/metal/waffles/etc) than a crazy fancy belt. I am NOT a baller, which should I end up with. The pants flatter me well and are pretty awesome, the belt is kind of really awesome.
                I know that you have a tough time finding great pants and I think they sound pretty unusual...but if you need a killer belt, the CCP is the one!

Edit: The question is; what can you use the most?
                Last edited by awlouie; 11-03-2008, 12:18 PM.
                "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                -Bruce Lee

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

you'll have that ccp belt forever. but get the pants too.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Don't buy the pants - they are one of the two items that I-would've-bought-if-they-made-it-to-sale-if-I-wasn't-soon-to-be-unemployed. Well, actually then you should buy the pants. They are rad.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      you'll have that ccp belt forever. but get the pants too.
                      Right, this is not an option (I wish, wish, wish it was). Thus the "not a baller" quote. Honestly, I'm part of the riff-raff that the guys at Atelier shouldn't even hit their door-unlocking button for. And, yeah, Faust, those pants are just awesome. I'm really conflicted.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

try to think where and with what you'd wear both things. I'd personally go with the pants, if they are something you think you'd have a lot of use for.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                          weren't a lot of these sartoria/fattoamano mockups for individual clients during the tailoring process? i could be wrong, but remembered about reading it.

paging albert..?
                          You know, I've been back and forth on this for a while with no concrete answer unfortunately.

For the "study" versions of Sartoria/Anatomica I've seen photos and it seems like at least some of the stuff is/was done in classic muslin versus this cotton canvas. Then, people talked about (including runner) how the studies were done in canvas that essentially was 3 tubes: two small ones for arms, one large one for the body. No accompaying photo.

I actually owned the black/blue version of what Diego purchased, but it had the asymmetrical XXXXX stitching on all the seams with a reinforcing black-on-black stitch along with it. It was raw edged but very much a finished piece. At the same time, it did have a stitched number for size on the left cuff.

What it all means? No idea. All I can take away from it is that if you want to wear it, you sure can. The "official" Linea equivalents of these pieces floating around are so damn similar, who knows.

I remember years ago when Sartoria still existed, I was about ready to order a few shirts via their remote MtM setup. The long sleeve shirts were $1k each. Expensive for me then, but looking back, I sure as shit should have gone for it You would end up with a muslin version and then the final version of what you wanted.

Anyways, moot point as Diego passed on it :)
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Right, this is not an option (I wish, wish, wish it was). Thus the "not a baller" quote. Honestly, I'm part of the riff-raff that the guys at Atelier shouldn't even hit their door-unlocking button for. And, yeah, Faust, those pants are just awesome. I'm really conflicted.
                            we all are in that case i say keep the belt!
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post

What sizes can you squeeze into?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Awww..I just recently sold that exact belt for a mere fraction of the price. Then again, it was a size 50. I don;t know if you could have willed to fit that size. Sick ass belt though. Wish it had fit me. Needed a 48.
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎