Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docintheory
    • May 2008

Been searching for these CCP derbies for a long time... Although it's not my exact size (which is deterring me from purchasing it, I've been told that a CCP 9 can fit a US 10.5, CCP 10 would be perfect), is buying a CCP with Vibram soles a sin?

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
      is buying a CCP with Vibram soles a sin?
      Hell no. Not putting Vibram on good shoes is insane.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        bahhhhh
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
          I only put vibram on boots. It messes with a shoe's profile and you can get the leather sole replaced.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

If you have a boot/shoe that is fully sewn through and you live in a rainy area, it is a very good idea to have protection put on the soles. Water easily gets up into the holes through the stitch work and with the sole's flexing through general wear, it is going to find its way into each layer and generally break it all down. With the weather getting very wet here in Seattle, I finally gave in and brought my Guidi boots in to a cobbler just the other day.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Julius rubber coated wool coat?

I think the way the fabric has been processed is interesting and it's a good length for me, but I'm not so sure about the fit and the extra diagonal pockets. if I bought it I would need to get it taken in at least a couple of inches, which may accentuate the flaring of the additional pockets...

or should I stick to the SZ adage that if it needs to be posted in this thread it shouldn't be purchased?

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

I am all for that coat. I find it excellent in pretty much every way and imagine after tons of wear the rubbery coating will age beautifully. The diagonal pockets also hit a perfect spot to comfortably keep your hands in -- better I think than the lower ones. It looks incredibly badass buttoned all the way up and with the collar popped.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post

I think the way the fabric has been processed is interesting and it's a good length for me, but I'm not so sure about the fit and the extra diagonal pockets. if I bought it I would need to get it taken in at least a couple of inches, which may accentuate the flaring of the additional pockets...

or should I stick to the SZ adage that if it needs to be posted in this thread it shouldn't be purchased?
                  "A few inches" seems like a fairly extensive alteration. It would probably change the overall fit pretty significantly - if the diagonal pockets were even a remote problem then it seems like they could become an even more aggressive one. Fit first! I'd pass - unless you can find one in your size?
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

I really like the button and collar configuration too croatoan, but as servo said if the fit isn't good then it's probably best to pass.

Rizm states the chest measurements as 50cm for a size 1, I'd need to alter it to a pit to pit width of 46-47cm for a good fit with some light layering.

the diagonal pockets flaring out seems to vary depending on how it's worn:

I may be thinking it is a bigger issue than it really is but if I were to have it taken in from 2 of the back seams then it would obviously pull the pockets closer to the sides.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post

Segei_S just bought it - you can ask for an owner's opinion. Personally I am not crazy about it - the extra pockets, and the coating make it a little bit too much. I am also not sure if the coat will let you breathe, being coated with resin.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I'm not crazy about how it feels, sort of stiff. havent tried it on though.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Jonn
                          • Mar 2008

^
                          texture looks rather like ro neo-blister leather. curious how the coat moves with the body

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

hmm, I didn't even really consider the added stiffness created by the resin. it does make the fit in the arms look somewhat awkward:

I'm thinking about giving this one a pass but that still leaves me winter coat-less...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

yea it pretty much feels the same as it looks in that pic - puffy and stiff
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Gunjah
                                • May 2008

wearable for a guy ? tried on in a size 42 and fitted perfect ! wasn't so tight in the back as here on the fotos

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎