Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

To be honest, I would just try another jacket jevna. The button stance is way too high giving the flare at the bottom and tightness of the chest. I think a small would look to big, this one could fit if the buttons hit at a different place. I would try a jacket with a lower button stance so that it comes in at the skinniest part of your body.
    music

Comment

• jevna
      • Aug 2007

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, really appreciated!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        A longer jacket will be too long for a proper dressy look, but given the slouchy shape of the pockets and the softer fabric of the jacket, I suspect you can get away with more length.

And, either way, more length will be far more flattering than pulling across the middle. The xs is unkind to you.
        I shall prove you wrong, my friend.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
          To be honest, I would just try another jacket jevna. The button stance is way too high giving the flare at the bottom and tightness of the chest. I think a small would look to big, this one could fit if the buttons hit at a different place. I would try a jacket with a lower button stance so that it comes in at the skinniest part of your body.
          This reminds me - after seeing your WAYWT, I meant to advise you to try the threader jacket with a solid black shirt. In the picture the contrast between the stripy shirt peeking out from the bottom seemed a little too stark.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
            • Dec 2007

so i finally got the m.a+ armwarmers in mail last week. these have been a long time holy grails since i saw 'em on some japanese website. however, it is a bit tight on my tennis playing (aka fat) right arm even tho on my left arm it is a perfect fit. well, not too tight, but not a loose fit which i am looking for. i know it would stretch out but for such a thing i am not quite fond of a tight fit at all. besides sister says these are too girly ( i wondered if that meant she liked 'em but no).

well it looks alright worn under coat sleeves but for such a piece im def expecting more then that. i dunno. they look fantastic on some girl i saw in a vid, but im becoming confused when it comes to male after owning 'em ...
            I don't exist.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

mine do get quite a bit of attention when noticed. funny people quite often ask to try them on which im a bit like hmmm sorry 'no' your arms are a bit big for them. Yes they will stretch out over time when i wear them now they are looser than when i first got them which i don't mind at all.
              These days now its getting cold i wear gloves underneath and let the armwarmers kinda bunch up at my sleeve to keep me all warm and the cold out
              they're a great piece, i would just give them time
              if you like them does it really matter what your sister thinks

Comment

• random
                • Dec 2007

thanks. i def liked 'em a lot when seeing 'em on some girl, but not so much on myself.... i think i was amazed when they looked very loose and stacked well on her.
                I don't exist.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

yeh the l'eclaireur vid thats pretty much how they are on me but i never wear them how she does

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

Yes/no - luc screened scarf?
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

yes, Mr. ddohnggo, if you're referring to the one on Pollyanna!
                      Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Who?
                        • Aug 2007

I have been looking for a pair of balmoral boots for a while now. This pair from Alexander McQueen is the perfect shape and has all the details I want, including the 2 tone black and olive. I wouldn't question picking them up but the addition of a rear lace makes me think twice.

Yes or No?
                        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Looks good to me, who. I understand your hesitation though, it is a bit of a corset look with the ties in the back. Can you return them? Maybe worth a try.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Speaking of boots, Yes or No? I love them in theory, what gives me pause is that they are 1) brown 2) tall and I am pretty short.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Speaking of boots, Yes or No? I love them in theory, what gives me pause is that they are 1) brown 2) tall and I am pretty short.

they are not my favorite... being that they are brown how often would you wear them? i think you can find something that you will be more attached to.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

agree with Kira on this one... the wrap lacing as well kind of throws the whole thing off. Doesn't seem to match the look you rock on the regular Faust :)
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎