X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Who? View Post
    I have been looking for a pair of balmoral boots for a while now. This pair from Alexander McQueen is the perfect shape and has all the details I want, including the 2 tone black and olive. I wouldn't question picking them up but the addition of a rear lace makes me think twice.

Yes or No?
    Depends on occasion. They're beautiful boots, if you are wearing them for fun, then yes, very yes. But, as balmoral boots are the dressiest of dressy footwear, I would comment that the rear lace will rule them out in some proper occasions. If that's an issue, and you're hunting something reliable, no.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Raw Edge
      • Jan 2008

Yeah to be honest the mcqueen ones look a bit like overdone touches (laces in back etc) on something that is better done the classic way, edward green etc.

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

What do yu guys think of these boots..SS 08 Do they run 2 sizes smaller as well? I have a cance of gettingthem for a little bit of a discount to appx $ 1100.00

Iam only having issues with the way the toe box gets flattened vs being higher on most of the other boots.. Could look outdated in a little while BUT I have not seen them in person

So if anyone can give me any kinda input , It wuld be much appreciated!

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
          What do yu guys think of these boots..SS 08 Do they run 2 sizes smaller as well? I have a cance of gettingthem for a little bit of a discount to appx $ 1100.00

Iam only having issues with the way the toe box gets flattened vs being higher on most of the other boots.. Could look outdated in a little while BUT I have not seen them in person

Have you seen them in person? The mocassin sole is very distinct.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Thats what I fear...Unfortunately have not seen them in person.

The other option is the regular zipups BUT Iam not a fan of tucking my pants in and the width of the rise migh be too much to pull slim pants over...

Comment

• Schadenfreude
              • Jan 2008

i can only speak from the picture.

they are beautiful.
              Originally posted by ddohnggo
              fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                • Feb 2008

yay/nay?
                need a bag for school

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Looks good to me, who. I understand your hesitation though, it is a bit of a corset look with the ties in the back. Can you return them? Maybe worth a try.
                  That's exactly the description I was looking for, I am going to check the return policy and give them a try once they hit the sales rack.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  Depends on occasion. They're beautiful boots, if you are wearing them for fun, then yes, very yes. But, as balmoral boots are the dressiest of dressy footwear, I would comment that the rear lace will rule them out in some proper occasions. If that's an issue, and you're hunting something reliable, no.
                  You're right, they would be my everyday boots. Basically a more winter ready substitute for my beat up dress shoes. I still may get a pair of Crockett and Jones balmorals instead because they are the better constructed boot, don't have the rear lace and will cost less. But my fear is that an all black balmoral boot will be, like you said, too dressy.
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

i swear i saw some ann balmorals listed in good finds, classifieds, sufu, or SOMETHING recently...

-

Comment

• black horizons
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post

I think they are aesthetically perfect and very noticeable, and I happen to like the shape of the toes. Always good to try on shoes first though.... especially for that kind of $.
                      www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• Nikov
                        • Nov 2008

Damir Doma leather jacket for $1500

yes or no?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                            I got no opinion except cheers for honesty- on the y or n thread its good to have some "no" and "wow that's horrible," as if its all just "not bad" and no response its not very helpful or fun.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

for $1500, though? I'd think twice about it. it's no Rick funnel-neck and I've yet to see the jacket in person, though...
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
                                I got no opinion except cheers for honesty- on the y or n thread its good to have some "no" and "wow that's horrible," as if its all just "not bad" and no response its not very helpful or fun.
                                as i've noted a few times before: i tried it on and it just doesn't feel like hes mastered leather in the way he uses his other materials, its def, not a flimsy floaty diaphanous draping material...i'm sure down the road he'll make a better one..also the vagina pocket over your heart kills it for me.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎