X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onemancult
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

Went to see those Raf Simons zip boots in person today- they did not live up to the hype I'd created in my head, and yeah, the zippers are the clunkiest in the world. I'd buy them in some sort of alternate universe where I could get them for less than $300, as they're definitely not worth it even at half off. Sad, because they still look cool.

The funnel-necked sweatshirt, however, has piqued my interest after trying it on.
    I might have to go back and grab that from Seven.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="onemancult"]Went to see those Raf Simons zip boots in person today- they did not live up to the hype I'd created in my head, and yeah, the zippers are the clunkiest in the world. I'd buy them in some sort of alternate universe where I could get them for less than $300, as they're definitely not worth it even at half off. Sad, because they still look cool.

The funnel-necked sweatshirt, however, has piqued my interest after trying it on.
      I might have to go back and grab that from Seven.[/quote]

[Y] I'm glad you didn't get them. I think you'd get sick of them in a year.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• onemancult
        • Dec 2006

Probably evensooner, actually. Thanks for the advice!

I didn't imagine that when people complained about the quality of Raf's
        A/W 06 zippers they meant they were this bad- they seriously feel like
        the cheap-o scraps you can pick up at fabric stores by the bagful.

Should I worry about the quality of the funnel-neck sweatshirt, too? (CHRIS,
        what do you think of it so far?)

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

^
          The quality is fine for that piece, it's basically just a sweater. Mine has had some rough nights and it hasn't stretched noticeably or lost its shape. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is that the "funnel" has a tendency to just collapse and you end up with just a u-neck... I don't think you can do much about it though as it did it even when new.

And you're totally right about the zippers they suck! the zipless pieces are good though.

Comment

• onemancult
            • Dec 2006

Hey there, thanks for the input. I noticed that the neck had a tendency to just
            kind of fall in on itself, but I thinkit still looks interesting enough to merit the price tag
            (otherwise it's just a... black crew neck sweatshirt).

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

I think it's a really interesting piece and it's fun to wear and hide behing that huge neck. It does fall on itself, but it's not a big deal. I bought mine oversized, so it might have something to do with it... maybe...

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

im having the same 'problem' with the accordion neck.the synthetic fabric around it is quite thin, and so it doesnt stay up very well. regardless, it's still a fabulous piece.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

What do you guys think about this Rick Owens? I love the arms and the frankenstein stitching, but I'm not sure about the body itself - not a big fan of horizontal stripes.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

/\ For you faust? Big no from me. I don't think it would be flattering on you (and I personally have loved big horizontal stripes these past few years) If it wasn't a Rick Owens piece would you even consider it? It reminds me of something that Urban Outfitters would put out.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Kinda looks like something Kurt Cobain would wear. I would say you have to be downright scrawny to pull it off, and even then you risk looking like a Sesame Street character. So, nay from me.

I do see what you mean about the sleeves though [U].

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Kinda looks like something Kurt Cobain would wear.

[/quote]

Dandy?! [;)]

I guess I'll skip then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="onemancult"]
                          I didn't imagine that when people complained about the quality of Raf's
                          A/W 06 zippers they meant they were this bad- they seriously feel like
                          the cheap-o scraps you can pick up at fabric stores by the bagful.
                          [/quote]

told ya so. now you know why I ranted in so many posts.

Comment

• LanceP
                            • Oct 2006

What do you guys think of this Raf coat from his '06 A/W collection?...

... I need a more formal coat for the times that call for me to dress up.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\

It's funny, I just saw this at Seven an hour ago. I didn't think it was anything special. It will not keep you warm (looked like heavy canvassy cotton), and it did not look like a typical razor shop silhouette that Raf is famous for (which the runway picture actually confirms).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
                                • Oct 2006

^^ That's where I was actually hoping to purchase it upon closer inspection. I'll be in NYC tomorrow for the day, so I'm planning to stop by Seven. What coats would you recommend I consider, in terms of formal wear, and from what shops could I take a look at them? I was also planning to stop by Atelier and the Yohji Yamamoto flagship store.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎