• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="xcoldricex"]not a fan. makes me thing of white trashy patriots for some reason?
    [/quote]

Colts fan? [:P]

Macuser, I don't mind, if you can incorporate it in your wardrobe. Could be fine with plain black pants or dark blue jeans...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Eh, you can do better than look like a Kangaroo... even if it is a Julius piece.

...although the sleeve construction is awesome!

also... I think there's a hole in this piece to the top left of the pocket.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

ahhh good looking out on the hole! is the piece supposed to be distressed? i'm contemplating on this, or maybe the RO hoody that blackforest is selling if it's still available.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

It looks like it was meant to be distressed (the cuffs and hem are chewed away some)... but there's that fine line between distressed and "bag lady" haha. I like broken down hems/cuffs but the main body should never have holes!

If you have to choose between the two, I'd go RO!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• djrajio
              • Sep 2006

It's not a pocket, its a sweater with the lower half slashed off. It's supposed to hang. And the garment is purposefully distressed and enzyme washed to give it a worn look. It's also THICK as hell. I think its awesome and would have bought it myself but I dont need anymore sweatshirts.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

It's a little too worn looking for my tastes really, plus the hanging open front is just plain bizarre! Julius does some beautiful draping, but an open faux pocket just doesn't generate that distinct Julius silhouette....

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i think it looks good worn. helmut lang did a lot of slashed pieces awhile back too and those seemed to have worked well also...

Comment

• djrajio
                    • Sep 2006

Actually the garment is part of the original Nuke line, which Julius was originally called. It has only been in the last 2 years that Julius has drawn a more slim silhouette, if you look at garments from say 2004 and prior, the line was much baggier. The nuke line pays homage to the original designs from Julius. Anyways, its currently on yahoo auctions for 12,000 yen, so with a 120 yen exchange rate, its practically a steal.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

ddhonggo, i like it. What is wrong with looking like a kangaroo anyway--Albert, didn't you get those crazy marsupial gloves? [;)]
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]ddhonggo, i like it. What is wrong with looking like a kangaroo anyway--Albert, didn't you get those crazy marsupial gloves? [;)]
                        [/quote]

hahaha. I did.... but I actually returned them to A over the weekend. They ended up being so thin that they didn't keep out the cold! Good looking is one thing, functionality is always key!

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]Actually the garment is part of the original Nuke line, which Julius was originally called. It has only been in the last 2 years that Julius has drawn a more slim silhouette, if you look at garments from say 2004 and prior, the line was much baggier. The nuke line pays homage to the original designs from Julius. Anyways, its currently on yahoo auctions for 12,000 yen, so with a 120 yen exchange rate, its practically a steal.
                          [/quote]

I saw a pretty awesome pic of this shirt in brown styled with, if my memory serves me right, green baggy military pants tucked into knee length black engineers boots. The overall effect was very Mad Max extra, quite striking and fashion-forward without being alien and totally un-referential. I wouldn?t sport that look myself but that?s beside the point; it was very pleasing to the eye and made one step into a wild, post apocalyptic world. I definitely wouldn?t have given the shirt a second glance if it had been a tight fit as it would really detract from the idea/style/references being conveyed. Of course I?m probably the only individual you?re in contact with who keeps a WW2 gas mask home, among other things. J

DD (isn?t this a Korean insult?): it?s not really my business but you?ve made loads of (great) recent purchases, shouldn?t you take the time to ?digest? what you?ve got? I don?t know if we?re the same type of fashion fans so my comment might be totally pointless, but, when I acquire a bunch of stuff at the same time, it takes a while for me to wrap my mind around what I bought and integrate it in a coherent way in my wardrobe. I bought a few items in December and January and am planning to stop for a while for that reason. I want to take advantage of what I have, some new pieces barely got worn and I?m not 100% set on what I?ll do with them although I know they?re good additions.

Of course it depends on your attitude towards the whole wardrobe thing; I need to intellectualize things and am not that much of an instinctual buyers like some wonderful dressers are. I also like the look of well worn items that mould to my body and plan to continue implementing a ?less is more? approach so that, too, weights in the balance. Please don?t take it as a patronizing remark, it?s just something I thought of and am sharing with you, from an individual who is passionate about fashion to another member of the tribe.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

point well taken fuuma. i think right now i'm in a transitional phase in my wardrobe and views on fashion. i've really been a simple hoody/sweater/jeans/sneakers type of guy for some time and figured at my age (25), it might be good to branch out a little bit more, and experiment with different cuts/materials/silhouettes that i haven't really worn before; in the end, dress a little bit more mature/'edgy' (hate that term), experimental, yet practical (this being really key). i won't deny that reading sz has really piqued my interest in searching for clothes by certain designers that have a certain aesthetic that would fit with the overall aesthetic i'm going for.

one of my biggest weak points and problems of mine is impulse buying; especially for items i deem as 'cheap' (as in cheaper than retail). i've actually have been having many conversations with my girlfriend about it who absolutely does not like it i.e. me buying lots of stuff out of impulse. she really stresses for me to really really love something before plunking down the money for an item, which i totally agree with and have not been the best at doing. plus fall/winter sale season doesn't help either, since i usually do not like buying s/s stuff anyways.

there is a reason behind the madness! ;)

btw, ddohnggo is a literal meaning of 'asshole' in korean.

Comment

• high_contrast
                              • Oct 2006

Yeah I definitely agree with Fuuma that you've been going mad lately
                              ddohnggo, between your posts on SF and SZ. It's cool though since a lot of us are in a transition phase as well.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

i'm definitely going to be toning it down asap. although, some of the stuff i did buy i sold, but that's beside the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎