Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

yea gotta agree, the zip makes the whole thing look cheap.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

im on the yes wagon because i think its a beauty, very Wonder Women in a good way (maybe Isis is a better visual). i like the width of the cuff very much. the critical factor would be the fit, it cant slouch down too much or wouldnt look as nice as it does on the model, so if you dont have super thin wrists than please go for it. and i much prefer the silver to the black.

laika, i know you will do this piece the justice it deserves...

Comment

• apathy
        • Oct 2009

Probably not classic stuffs expected on SZ, but ..

ComingSoon/Julius/VE

Comment

• kollaps
          • Jul 2009

^ not feeling any of those..

Julius has done better shirts, the white blob doesn't appeal to me that much and neither does the sole on those shoes.

Comment

• MidnightBlue
            • Sep 2009

agreed. the zipper certainly cheapens it. looks great without though.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

I'm not sure the zipper would be as obvious as they're making it - they twist it to face the outside of the arm to show it clearly in the photo. I think wearing it with the zipper facing inwards to the body would pretty significantly reduce its 'effect'
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• scott.m
                • Mar 2009

i'm with mike lowrey, i like the zipper itself, and as servo did say if it was turned in towards the body i doubt it'd be that bad at all.

Comment

• dan.de
                  • Jan 2009

someone on sufu is selling that dh coat from ss07. i've read a lot about the decreasing quality at dh especially in the original thread of ss07 where faust and casem contributed a lot (late thanks from here).
                  Surely that piece is way cheaper than retail but still a lot i can "waste".

Y/N?

Comment

• deleuze
                    • Jul 2007

Re: the armband, the zipper makes sense if the band has a rigid structure and some weight. The only way to get it on without the zipper would be if the band was elasticized and that would just look generic and cheap. If it feels and looks substantial in person I'd say yes.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

wow,
                      this thread is waaaay more helpful than it used to be...
                      thanks again for all the input.

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                      I like it a lot, looks much better in person. Have you tried it on though? Unless it fits close to the arm it will look weird. I think it's great though.
                      it is better in person, isn't it? did you see it at Eva G?
                      it's a bit loose on me, tbh, especially around the wrist,
                      but it still looked good, pushed up a little or just falling over the hand...

deleuze, it is indeed super-heavy and substantial...Dries jewelry always is.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• MidnightBlue
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                        ^ I think snaps or hook and bars would have worked better myself but again, I don't mind the zipper.
                        concealed hooks would be much better. agreed.

Comment

• MidnightBlue
                          • Sep 2009

with regards to the DH coat. In my opinion the quality with regards to stitching and construction is exactly the same as it was in years gone by. The only real issue I have with regards to quality on the newer pieces is on 'technical pieces'. By that I mean items with straps, buckles, zips, clasps etc. (and even then I wouldn't say it was much different).

That coat is a fairly minimal design so I shouldn't think it would be money wasted on a below par product.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

07AW

or

06AW

For those who are lucky enough to have handled both....please share your thoughts on differences...feel of leather, cut/fit, etc...

Thanks!

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

AW06 without a doubt. the lamb leather on that is the best leather I've ever handled, sleeves are silk lined too. the sheep leather used on the AW07 moto is nice too but the 06AW is really something else, really substantial and incredibly soft. only thing to keep in mind is that the moto cut runs big, about half a size to a size larger than the jut neck.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

judging by just looks, I prefer fw07 much more, but I don't know about differences in feel/quality etc
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎