X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eris quod sum
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    ok, well if its washable in warm water (40C) then that should be enough, it could be dyed in a machine or by hand in the sink. if the lining is not natural material, the dye might not stick so well but it should work on the exterior just fine. but if youre unsure, its of course better to consult someone.
    Thank you so much for your help and advice. I can take a picture and show you the size of my sink... I don't think I could even dye a tee in it. I will update on the outcome of the consultation.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

haha, understandable. I have a wooden counter top which the sink sits on, so I always cover everything with a ton of towels so I wont spill the dye
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eris quod sum
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        haha, understandable. I have a wooden counter top which the sink sits on, so I always cover everything with a ton of towels so I wont spill the dye
        But the dye would give it character. I have a little plastic tub that I have dyed in before... I usually just set it in the bathtub and go from there. I just want to do something right for once. Maybe I should just ship it out to you for dying.

Comment

• eris quod sum
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
          Going to dye a pair of LUC pants tomorrow. I tried to hand wash them to remove some stains, and then the color did disappear. I hope this is going to work! They´re 100 % cotton.
          Take before and after photos! I would love to see how it works out for you.

Comment

• ardeetee
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by eris quod sum View Post
            Take before and after photos! I would love to see how it works out for you.
            I'm interested in seeing a photo as well and also, if possible, a picture of it after a wash or two. I'd imagine that if you get the wrong dye/material combo it will just bleed out with every wash.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

from my experience (using basic machine wash dyes from Dylon etc), I haven't had any notable bleeding with cottons if I've rinsed the garment well and washed once before use. I'm not sure about extended use though as I don't have anything dyed that I would've worn enough to show notable wear.

I also dyed a pair of n(n) jeans which have some elastane in them, they didn't absorb the dye qas well due to the synthetic fibres but I still got a pretty good colour change with two rounds, and they don't bleed out notably either. when I washed them for the first time, I noticed that the water was a bit coloured, but it doesn't seem to transfer anywhere when dry. we have a near white couch so its always a "good" test.

this all should probably go in one of the DIY threads regarding dyeing, though
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                Tarheart you found my new purse ...now send me a pm and tell me where to buy it! it's too feminine for you!!!!!!!!!! (i'll help you find a better bag)
                Here is one in tan and in black and in brown.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

/\ the way it turned out after a gentle handwash....that's just ridiculous!! Definitely write in and get an explanation...

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

wow thats pretty nuts. what kind of detergant did you use? like you said it looks like it was some sort of a painted finish rather than dyed.

there isn't any public contact info for LUC, might be worth asking through the store they were bought from.

Comment

• eris quod sum
                      • Jun 2009

They turned out so well! I think I am going in for my consultation today to have my jacket dyed.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                        • Jun 2009

Should I get these Julius? They are my size and 20% off...

a.s.
                        Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

Do we "need" any of this? LOL...I sure as hell want them!
                          a.s.
                          Le 21ème

Comment

• huckleberry
                            • Jul 2009

how are you getting 20% off on them?

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

I have a discount at Blackbird.
                              a.s.
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• huckleberry
                                • Jul 2009

Ahh, I'm thinking of buying some jeans from there, was hoping for a coupon code :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎