Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seenmy
    • May 2009

size48 fencing correct or should i get a 50,I just have a tee on in this pic,also I think I will order a heavier version than this,any advice or if someone wants to sell me one to save me the custom journey!much appreciated

Comment

• Chim
      • Dec 2006

hmm, for some reason that fencing just doesnt sit right on you. I've never seen it look so loose/effeminate on a frame, maybe you should consider sizing down some more?

Comment

• seenmy
        • May 2009

this is as small as i could wear it,I dont want it to be sprayed on as thats not how I wear things,I'm pretty certain because of my frame I need the heavier version so the jacket holds its own shape,where this version is very soft

Comment

• kbi
          • Feb 2009

a heavier version? I always thought that fencing was only produced in one sort of leather... What size do you normally wear?

Comment

• Chim
            • Dec 2006

i'd go with the sz 48 in the stiff leather than for sure. It should look a lot better when its tough as armor, plus that particular jacket is meant to look sausage tight imho

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

I think this size accentuates your thinness by being slim enough to go in between ribs and hips. I'm not a fan of this look in a leather jacket on a man. I could see other people quite liking it though. I might either size up one or go with a thicker jacket, but up one would be my first thought. How hard is it for you to try on a different size?
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

now the ccp custom order talk is about to start :P if u decide to sell pm me measurements seenmy. Might fit me. cheerio

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

didn't ddohnngo want to trade a sz 50 for a sz 48 in the fencing jacket?

Comment

• seenmy
                    • May 2009

this one isnt mine its my friends,Im pretty sure there is a heavier version of this jacket as I have seen picks of what look like a much stiffer jacket the 54 on classifieds now certainly looks stiffer, problem is its next to impossible to try this jacket on unless I meet someone who owns it as its out of production,which dose lead me to the fear of custom ordering something very expensive that may not fit right, this jacket looks perfect on my friend as he fills it out

im generally a size 48/50

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                      • Oct 2007

I think a size bigger in a sturdier leather would be best. I mean it's not so bad as it is, but it's bordering on leather-daddy tight.

Comment

• kbi
                        • Feb 2009

does that mean your friend is wider than you are? -considering you're thinking about ordering a 50 but at the same time say that your friend fills it out perfectly. I think it looks quite good on you on that fit pic tbh.

Comment

• seenmy
                          • May 2009

my friend (uparmored) and I are of very differnt body shapes so its hard to compare really against each other there to start with is about a foot in height difference between us,the thing i must avoid in the fit for me is the jacket sagging at the back as its a pet hate so i need it to sit around my waist snugly, and Im thinking the heavier leather in theory wont pull in so tight at the waist and then back out,as my slimness is never something I like to accentuate

this is the fit on him

where i think it looks perfect here,he is wearing layers under which i think is helping in my pic i have nothing on my arms just a shortsleeve tee

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

How tall are you? This jacket may not be right for someone of your stature. The sleeves are too short in my opinion. Though I know a lot of members prefer leathers very tight/short.

Also, Uparmoured is wearing his open. Which is quite a difference from having it zippered to the very top. Looks congested.

Comment

• seenmy
                              • May 2009

i agree sleeve length isnt probably long enough although at 6'4 its something you come to deal with,yeah i probably should have had him snap a pic of it open aswell for my reference but we didnt think about it at the time, crowded cafe we already looked a bit odd

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

I would opt for the heavy calf leather
                                with enough room to layer at least a thin/ normal sweater
                                so get a 50 which will give you more length in torso and arms
                                this look is much too shrink wrapped.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎